News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

FL: Disney Resort: Buena Vista Drive being upgraded to expressway?

Started by Brian556, May 05, 2016, 11:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Alex

briantroutman

To put the project in perspective, that's the site of Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney and Lake Buena Vista shopping village before that)–essentially an outdoor shopping mall and restaurant complex. Disney has recently made a massive renovation investment which has also included a multifold increase in parking capacity through the addition of five-level garages. The direct off-ramp from the I-4/Epcot Center Drive interchange plus this new overpass will help to slow the growth of traffic agony on Buena Vista Drive as Disney Springs traffic increases.

tidecat

I was at Disney in February - getting in to Disney Springs was relatively painless, but getting out was problematic.  Even at 10:00 PM or 11:00 PM it feels like rush hour traffic does in most other places.

iPhone
Clinched: I-264 (KY), I-265 (KY), I-359 (AL), I-459 (AL), I-865 (IN)

jwolfer

Quote from: briantroutman on May 05, 2016, 12:02:54 PM
To put the project in perspective, that's the site of Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney and Lake Buena Vista shopping village before that)–essentially an outdoor shopping mall and restaurant complex. Disney has recently made a massive renovation investment which has also included a multifold increase in parking capacity through the addition of five-level garages. The direct off-ramp from the I-4/Epcot Center Drive interchange plus this new overpass will help to slow the growth of traffic agony on Buena Vista Drive as Disney Springs traffic increases.
I took my daughter and her friend to a concert at house of blues last month. Ibwas surprised parking garage was free

roadman65

I have this on my flickr page of when it was under construction.

This is for the I-4 connection which is now open and completed. From I-4 west you have  a direct ramp into the parking area and do not have to use Epcot Center Drive to Buena Vista Drive anymore.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

realjd

Quote from: tidecat on May 06, 2016, 10:58:27 PM
I was at Disney in February - getting in to Disney Springs was relatively painless, but getting out was problematic.  Even at 10:00 PM or 11:00 PM it feels like rush hour traffic does in most other places.

iPhone

That will get way better once construction is done.

FLRoads

Not related to Buena Vista Drive, but related to the Disney property, Disney has filed a permit for a new entrance to their Hollywood Studios theme park that will involve the construction of a new trumpet interchange along Osceola Parkway at Victory Way. The trumpet will connect Osceola Parkway directly with the new entrance to the Hollywood Studios parking lot, with Victory Way travelling below the interchange.

A second permit has also been filed to update the Magic Kingdom toll plaza area as well with the incusion of another interchange for resort guests to circumvent the parking toll gate.

The plans can be viewed here.

NE2

Hmmm. That means Osceola Parkway will be a full freeway from Animal Kingdom to I-4. Thanks for the link.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

FLRoads

Quote from: NE2 on May 17, 2016, 11:49:21 PM
Hmmm. That means Osceola Parkway will be a full freeway from Animal Kingdom to I-4. Thanks for the link.

No problem. I thought about the full freeway concept as well when I wrote this last night but failed to mention it, so thanks.

With that in mind, it will mean that all the primary roads leading to each theme park will be full-fledged freeways once the Osceola Parkway interchange is complete.

I also wonder if signage at the Osceola Parkway/Hollywood Studios/Victory Way interchange will utilize the "Follow the Sun" trailblazer for Osceola Parkway east, or just use text? I only bring this up as there is a confirmation shield east of Victory Way using the above mentioned trailblazer.

roadman65

I looks like that left turn that allows EB Osc. Pky to enter the ramp to World Drive NB will be eliminated in favor of a cloverleaf ramp instead.  That was the only part of that particular interchange from being a full grade separation.

Now the Osceola Parkway interchange off of I-4 will carry the Studios Traffic instead of off of US 192 coming from the interstate.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.