News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Email Notifications for Thread Replies

Started by Ned Weasel, May 25, 2016, 04:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Weasel

I changed the email address associated with my account, and then I stopped receiving email notifications for replies to threads in which I had posted.  I wasn't concerned at first, but now I'm seeing what I miss when I step away from the AARoads Forum for a few days.  Is there a way to fix this?
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

freebrickproductions

Should be an option in your settings.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Ned Weasel

Quote from: freebrickproductions on May 25, 2016, 07:36:17 PM
Should be an option in your settings.

My settings are already configured to receive notifications by email and to enable notifications when I make a post or reply.  And the notification types menu is set to notify me of replies and moderation.  I'm pretty sure I didn't change any of these settings when I changed the email address associated with my account; I just stopped receiving the email notifications.

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

freebrickproductions

Huh. Maybe they got automatically reset when you changed the e-mail address?
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Ned Weasel

Quote from: freebrickproductions on May 25, 2016, 09:37:14 PM
Huh. Maybe they got automatically reset when you changed the e-mail address?

But I checked my settings today.  They're set just like I said earlier.

rickmastfan67

There are problems with Microsoft emails getting these emails.  If you want to get them again, you need to not be using a hotmail.com address.

hbelkins

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on May 26, 2016, 09:06:38 AM
you need to not be using a hotmail.com address.

Isn't that good advice for any application?  :bigass:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

empirestate

On a similar note, I started receiving email notifications about one particular thread without having changed anything. (I was not previously subscribed to any notifications.)

This was simple to fix, of course, but it does suggest that some kind of glitch may have happened.

iPhone

Ned Weasel

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on May 26, 2016, 09:06:38 AM
There are problems with Microsoft emails getting these emails.  If you want to get them again, you need to not be using a hotmail.com address.

That fixed it.  Thanks!

bandit957

Microsoft pre-filters e-mail if you use Hotmail or Outlook.com. And they lie about it.

I've been on their case for a couple years, and they won't fix it, and continue to lie.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.