News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Buffalo Skyway

Started by Buffaboy, July 24, 2016, 11:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffaboy

There was an article in the Buffalo News this morning about a pending study to find alternatives to the Skyway. What could the alternatives be?

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/erie-county/state-dot-will-study-future-of-buffalos-skyway-alternatives-to-replace-it-20160724
What's not to like about highways and bridges, intersections and interchanges, rails and planes?

My Wikipedia county SVG maps: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Buffaboy

vdeane

I was reading a news article a few days ago where a person suggested replacing the Skyway with a light rail line.  Yes, really.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

rickmastfan67

That bridge is really needed.  They need to either replace or maintain it.  They recently overhauled NY-5 between it and the end of the freeway in Lackawanna.  If they remove it completely, it will make that spending on those upgrades look like a waste.

MisterSG1

Quote from: vdeane on July 24, 2016, 05:37:41 PM
I was reading a news article a few days ago where a person suggested replacing the Skyway with a light rail line.  Yes, really.

It doesn't surprise me, so many have been brainwashed by the anti-car agenda.....even if people do take this light rail across....these people south of the current Skyway can only practically get to downtown Buffalo. If you dare want to go to say Amherst, are you ready to spend hours on the lackluster NFTA bus system? (mind you I'm not going to praise the TTC either at all)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.