News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Is it always raining on NJ 3?

Started by dgolub, September 01, 2016, 07:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgolub

I took a bus ride out to the western terminus of NJ 3 today.  It was the fourth time in my life that I've gone out there, and every single time so far, it's started raining as I approach the end.  It's uncanny.

Also, despite a lot of recent sign replacements, the old text-only button-copy sign at the entrance to the western spur of the New Jersey Turnpike (I-95) from the westbound side is still there.

Alps

I grew up at the west end of NJ 3. Pretty sure my life wasn't a constant waterfall.

CtrlAltDel

I was on this road in August 2014. It was a bright sunny day.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Mr. Matté

SignBridge

Dgolub, you're not alone. I've had similar experiences with certain places, notably in Pennsylvania.

empirestate

There was I time I felt like I always hit rain around Binghamton, most often a thunderstorm happening on the far side of the valley.

iPhone

bzakharin

I've noticed that it is often raining, or raining harder, on the portion of I-295 that closely follows the Delaware River. Also flurrying on the Schuylkill Expressway even from partly cloudy skies. Both of these have explanations, though.

dgolub

Quote from: bzakharin on September 26, 2016, 04:30:21 PM
I've noticed that it is often raining, or raining harder, on the portion of I-295 that closely follows the Delaware River. Also flurrying on the Schuylkill Expressway even from partly cloudy skies. Both of these have explanations, though.

Back during the blizzard of 1999, The Weather Channel had a reporter stationed at the tollbooth at the end of the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76), so I always associate that interchange with snow, even though I've never been through there when it was snowing.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kphoger

My wife has been to Tennessee twice, and it rained the whole time both times.

Is it always raining in Tennessee?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.