News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

US 67: Future north Cabot Arkansas exit

Started by capt.ron, January 13, 2017, 01:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt.ron

Reported by a local news station, KTHV channel 11
http://www.thv11.com/news/local/traffic-relief-coming-to-cabot/385346662

Looks like there will be a new exit opening up on US 67 just north of Cabot. I looked on Google Earth and it does look like there is activity northeast of exit 19. The new exit looks to tie into AR 38 east of Cabot and the new road appears to be a bypass around the north side of town. Beryl Ln (I'm guessing) looks to be upgraded to a 4 lane with AR 38 being extended onto Beryl Ln and then tie into the 67 freeway.
iDriveArkansas isn't reporting the construction though. Perhaps AHTD can set this straight.

US71

Quote from: capt.ron on January 13, 2017, 01:18:05 PM

Looks like there will be a new exit opening up on US 67 just north of Cabot. I looked on Google Earth and it does look like there is activity northeast of exit 19. The new exit looks to tie into AR 38 east of Cabot and the new road appears to be a bypass around the north side of town. Beryl Ln (I'm guessing) looks to be upgraded to a 4 lane with AR 38 being extended onto Beryl Ln and then tie into the 67 freeway.
iDriveArkansas isn't reporting the construction though. Perhaps AHTD can set this straight.

I wish they'd fix the clusterfork at 67 and 5
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

capt.ron

Quote from: US71 on January 13, 2017, 05:24:24 PM
Quote from: capt.ron on January 13, 2017, 01:18:05 PM

I wish they'd fix the clusterfork at 67 and 5

67 is slated to become 6 lane up to exit 16 so maybe that will alleviate the cluster there. I know the interchange used to be far worse before they put in the 2nd northbound exit.

capt.ron

Exit 20 (or 21) is now under construction, slated to open fall, 2018.

US71

Quote from: capt.ron on May 23, 2017, 11:42:37 AM
Exit 20 (or 21) is now under construction, slated to open fall, 2018.

I passed by this weekend; Overpass is finished, work on ramps continues.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.