News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Erin Moran dies.

Started by Roadgeekteen, April 24, 2017, 04:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

I heard about this in the news, but who is she?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

dcharlie

Joannie from Happy Days

broadhurst04

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 24, 2017, 04:35:05 PM

She was the actress that played Joanie Cunningham on the TV show Happy Days from 1974-1984. She didn't get another big role on TV after that. So she basically had been off the air for 33 years which, considering your screen name here, is probably why you didn't know who she was. :)

rickmastfan67

Google is your friend here.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on April 24, 2017, 09:13:26 PM

Thanks, but two people kinda already answered me.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 24, 2017, 09:27:53 PM

What I'm trying to get at here is that you can't always rely on others for your info.  You need to be able to take a few steps on your own to find out some of this information, especially if it isn't related to the website.  Sure, we do have this 'off topic' area, but usually when I hear about somebody dying that I have no idea who they are, I normally just google their name to find out and not start a thread asking others who that person is.

roadman65

She died from aggressive throat cancer.  The rumor was out (at least where I live) that she was depressed and died from that.  No its all over the social media.

This is getting the thread back on topic sort of, as I am sure others saw it and came on here to hear talk about the former child turn teen star who is in the news lately instead of a question being answered.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

US71

Quote from: roadman65 on April 25, 2017, 06:06:56 PM
She died from aggressive throat cancer.  The rumor was out (at least where I live) that she was depressed and died from that.  No its all over the social media.

This is getting the thread back on topic sort of, as I am sure others saw it and came on here to hear talk about the former child turn teen star who is in the news lately instead of a question being answered.
I'm hearing Don Henley :/

roadman65

Or Gregg Allman who is supposed to be in Hospice, yet the Southern Rocker claims he is at home in Savannah, GA resting.

Sheryl Crowe

broadhurst04

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on April 24, 2017, 10:19:48 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 24, 2017, 09:27:53 PM

What I'm trying to get at here is that you can't always rely on others for your info.  You need to be able to take a few steps on your own to find out some of this information, especially if it isn't related to the website.  Sure, we do have this 'off topic' area, but usually when I hear about somebody dying that I have no idea who they are, I normally just google their name to find out and not start a thread asking others who that person is.

So, don't be nice and answer a question for anybody here about anything, ever again (because, presumably, that encourages laziness). Make them earn their own answers. Got it.

roadman65

In before lock.

I do not think that anyone is being rude here.  He was not saying that at all.  He was just reminding the OP that Google could have answered the question even better than one of us.  No pun was intended.   

Sheryl Crowe

jakeroot

Quote from: broadhurst04 on April 25, 2017, 06:22:00 PM

So, don't be nice and answer a question for anybody here about anything, ever again (because, presumably, that encourages laziness). Make them earn their own answers. Got it.

Not even close, dude.

rickmastfan67 wants users to be resourceful, and not clutter the forums with stupid questions. Stupid questions being things like "who is Erin Moran" or "how long is I-90". These are things Google could answer.

If you want to have a discussion on Erin Moran, that's different. But don't start the thread off with "who is she?". Do a little research, and then post your thoughts.

Roadgeekteen is new, but he has shown very little interest in using available resources to answer his questions, or to find out if his replies are redundant. It's a good idea to remind him of good forum etiquette.

allniter89

Quote from: roadman65 on April 25, 2017, 06:16:14 PM
Or Gregg Allman who is supposed to be in Hospice, yet the Southern Rocker claims he is at home in Savannah, GA resting.
I'm not  dissing Gregg Allman but very often when the news is put out that a celebrity is in hospice or cancelled a tour b/c of an undisclosed health issue death isnt far behind :-(  I sincerely hope this is not the case. Rest up, get well Gregg
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

broadhurst04

Quote from: jakeroot on April 25, 2017, 07:14:27 PM

rickmastfan67 wants users to be resourceful, and not clutter the forums with stupid questions.

I've always believed that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. I get the impression that principle is not tolerated in an online forum. I'm sorry for apparently wasting everyone's time and clogging up everyone's screens.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: broadhurst04 on April 25, 2017, 06:22:00 PM

Not even close, dude.

rickmastfan67 wants users to be resourceful, and not clutter the forums with stupid questions. Stupid questions being things like "who is Erin Moran" or "how long is I-90". These are things Google could answer.

If you want to have a discussion on Erin Moran, that's different. But don't start the thread off with "who is she?". Do a little research, and then post your thoughts.

Roadgeekteen is new, but he has shown very little interest in using available resources to answer his questions, or to find out if his replies are redundant. It's a good idea to remind him of good forum etiquette.
I appoligize for this. I should have googled it.

roadman65

You know I found out that she passed from Wikipedia the day it happened.  I have to admit I was surprised not only that she is gone, but the fact it was updated real fast.  Its a shame as she was only 56 and it was cancer.

I always liked her on Happy Days and she will be remembered for that role of Joanie Cunningham.

Sheryl Crowe

jakeroot

Quote from: broadhurst04 on April 25, 2017, 09:29:26 PM
rickmastfan67 wants users to be resourceful, and not clutter the forums with stupid questions.

I've always believed that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. I get the impression that principle is not tolerated in an online forum. I'm sorry for apparently wasting everyone's time and clogging up everyone's screens.

To be fair, "who is Erin Moran" is not a stupid question in and of itself. It's a stupid question in the context of the inquiry medium. AARoads simply isn't the best place to ask the question, regardless of this being the "off-topic" board. More generic inquiries such as the preceding question are better asked on Google. Asking on here is server clutter.

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 25, 2017, 10:10:58 PM
I appoligize for this. I should have googled it.

Don't worry at all. We're just here to help you out, and ensure that you don't piss off a bunch of users. It's easy to make enemies here. Roadgeek guys are kind of odd.

US71

Quote from: jakeroot on April 25, 2017, 11:44:40 PM

Don't worry at all. We're just here to help you out, and ensure that you don't piss off a bunch of users. It's easy to make enemies here. Roadgeek guys are kind of odd.

Come to a Renaissance Festival as a performer..."odd" is putting it mildly with some of these people.

broadhurst04

Quote from: jakeroot on April 25, 2017, 11:44:40 PM
Roadgeek guys are kind of odd.

THAT is an understatement!

roadman65

Roadgeekteen, we have a lot of people on here with very short fuses. Yes we have great talks and good conversations but sometimes a subject could set off some guys even when your topic has merit.  Yes you can learn a lot from google without having to ask and instead you can instead come up with information to start a topic on what you are seeking.

Erin Moran is a great subject to know more about and if you google her you can find lots of interesting stuff on her.  She starred in a long running sitcom as a supporting actress and almost had her own show, but was cancelled due to declining ratings.  Its apparent that she is not popular in this thread, but it was over 33 years ago the Happy Days era was, and most here were not alive just yet.

Back to the guys here, we have our quirks and moderators try to avoid flame wars and unnecessary topic to go on to keep it more talk friendly like they are doing here.  You have seen already one user on here go off on everybody who disagrees with his ideas, well he is an exception but you kind of get the idea of what can happen if you are not careful.  Nobody is putting you down here, but all of us here are to help you and please feel free to send a pm to the moderators if you are unsure about a certain topic you would like.  They will be glad to let you know in a pm back.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.