News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Favorite Food?

Started by roadgeek01, May 28, 2017, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadgeek01

So, what is your favorite food?  I wonder if you for can guess mine.   :bigass:

pork bork my hork

idk what it means either

Roadgeekteen

Ice cream is my favorite dessert, but I don't really have a favorite food.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

MNHighwayMan

Max Rockatansky

Fried chicken, for some reason it never gets old if it is cooked well.  Had a huge run of Publix eight-piece boxes while I was in the Southeast.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 28, 2017, 11:13:42 PM
Fried chicken, for some reason it never gets old if it is cooked well.  Had a huge run of Publix eight-piece boxes while I was in the Southeast.
I love it, but I rarely get to eat it.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 28, 2017, 11:14:25 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 28, 2017, 11:13:42 PM
I love it, but I rarely get to eat it.

Neither do I now that I'm on the West Coast again.  I did find a local place that has really good wings but nobody really has ever measured up to Southern Fried Chicken since I moved back or for that matter when I lived here previously.  On the plus side it is nice to have REAL Mexican Food again instead of all that fake chain crap you see in the Eastern U.S. 

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 28, 2017, 11:22:29 PM
Neither do I now that I'm on the West Coast again.  I did find a local place that has really good wings but nobody really has ever measured up to Southern Fried Chicken since I moved back or for that matter when I lived here previously.  On the plus side it is nice to have REAL Mexican Food again instead of all that fake chain crap you see in the Eastern U.S.

Is there not KFC up that way? Or Popeye's? I mean, it's bottom-tier obviously but I still love me a bucket of their extra-crispy chicken from KFC every now and then.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on May 28, 2017, 11:30:19 PM

Is there not KFC up that way? Or Popeye's? I mean, it's bottom-tier obviously but I still love me a bucket of their extra-crispy chicken from KFC every now and then.

Both, but the problem is that KFC is nowhere near what it used to be.  Everything is sized and measured to be small in portion.  Worse yet, they changed up what the recipe was near the turn of the century.  Oddly I've never actually tried Popeyes, maybe because it is a chain that kind of attaches a stigma to it? 

Really there are few chains I'll actually eat food at anymore in general and I usually only do it on the road when it hard to count on the quality of local places to eat.  At least with chains they tend to way overcook everything which largely negates (for the most part) chances of food poisoning.

As far as other favorites go, I've always enjoyed mostly anything with Peanut Butter in it.  For whatever reason the Mini-Reese Peanut Butter Cups taste especially good to me after sitting my freezer.

MNHighwayMan

Yeah, I only really eat at chains when I'm out driving for a specific purpose, but sometimes even then I just live off the junk food one can buy at a convenience store because that's one less stop I have to make if I can get gas and food at the same place. Or if I'm drunk and don't feel like cooking, pizza delivery is a godsend. For more leisurely trips I find nicer places to eat or prepare food and take that with me.

Edit: speaking of Reese's, I love the white chocolate Reese's when I can find them. Oh my heavens they're tasty.

sparker

I tend to favor Asian (Indian, Thai, Szechuan/Hunan Chinese) cuisine -- the hotter, the better!

What I miss, chicken-wise, is broasted chicken -- egg-washed crispy skin outside, tender in the middle.  Unfortunately, the chains (you know who you are!) have pretty much wiped the independent chicken vendors off the map.  Haven't found a "remnant" broasted chicken place in San Jose, and I've been here almost 5 years!  And I do appreciate good authentic Mexican food -- the worst I had (not surprisingly) was in St. Paul, MN -- what was referred to as an enchilada was essentially a tortilla covered with undercooked pinto beans and generic white cheese.  Ugh!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.