News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Michelin North America Road Atlas

Started by CapeCodder, August 04, 2017, 06:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapeCodder

I have received the 2018 Michelin N. America road atlas. I've had their European products before, but not N. America.

The grid system that they use is a nifty idea. The roads are in pretty good detail.

An aside: Why can't N. America road atlases contain ALL of North America? I'm of the school that N. America includes Central America and the Caribbean. Hell, if all of Europe can be covered in a road atlas, why can't our continent?

N. America: more than just Canada/USA/Mexico.

Rothman

Because the ID requirements to get back into the U.S. are ridiculous now, compared to when I was younger.  No need to bother with detailed maps of the rest of North America -- at least, no more detailed than Rand McNally.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

02 Park Ave

Does it include Puerto Rico or the USVI?
C-o-H

CapeCodder

Quote from: 02 Park Ave on August 04, 2017, 04:36:59 PM
Does it include Puerto Rico or the USVI?

Puerto Rico, but it's at the very back, on the last page of the Mexico section. The USVI are not included in the atlas.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.