News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

NS 103 Port Joli bypass opens

Started by yakra, October 27, 2015, 10:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakra

Smoothing out Highway 103: Port Joli bypass opens to traffic
http://www.theadvance.ca/news/local/2015/10/12/port-joli-bypass-opens-to-traffic.html

This PDF from NS TIR depicts both the Phase 1A Port Joli bypass, and the Phase 1B Port Mouton bypass.
What gets me is how it labels the New Intersection as Exit 21. But there's already an Exit 21 elsewhere.

It'd make (a little) sense once existing Exit 21 is closed and relocated in Port Mouton / River Head. There'd be exits 17, 17A, 18, 19, 20A, 20, 21. But Exit 22 would still be missing, just as now. So why not number the new exit as Exit 22, and avoid the conflict with existing Exit 21 while the Port Mouton bypass is still under construction. If an exit number is to be missing when all is said & done, it makes just as much sense -- more sense -- for it to be 21 as/than 22.
Until the Port Mouton bypass is completed, there'd be exits 20, 21, 22, 23...

I have to wonder if that's a typo or error in the PDF.
For the sake of nailing down the exit number for the TravelMapping project, is this exit 21 or 22?

Edit: typo: "existing Exit 20" -> "existing Exit 21"
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

SignGeek101

Great news. I haven't been watching this project too closely, but from the pictures, it looks like nice work.

It is interesting that this road would even have exit numbers. Though from a look on Google (and Wikipedia) I couldn't seem to find anything on the new numbers.

yakra

Google has StreetView imagery on the Port Joli bypass now. The new exit is signed as #22.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.