News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Ecce Homo, revisited

Started by CNGL-Leudimin, May 10, 2016, 05:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

As you might know, the Ecce Homo is a painting that went viral back in August 2012 after a failed restoration by an elderly woman, spawning even Halloween disguises. But what happened to it afterwards?

The original painting is within a hour and a quarter drive from me. So, in early April returning home from Soria, when I hit Borja I decided to take the road to the Mercy Sanctuary (Santuario de Misericordia in Spanish) to check it out. And here is it!

If you ever come to this area, Borja also has some roadgeek interest, as the town features a Stop sign in the main road (N-122). Westbound traffic has to stop and yield to anyone coming from the other direction turning left into what a sign says it's A-1302 (such designation no longer exists, having been downgraded some time ago).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.