News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

407 ETR reciprocity

Started by Alps, February 18, 2014, 06:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

"For obvious reasons," the ETR won't publish a list of states it does or doesn't have reciprocity agreements with. We know, for example, that the Triangle Expressway in NC only bills to five states, so an NJ plate can ride it all day long for free. The only way to get this data for the ETR is to collect anecdotes. For lack of any other info on the Internet, if you are in the United States and you have driven on the ETR, did you receive a bill? If you did NOT receive a bill, when did you drive it? (Presumably, they wouldn't cut off reciprocity once established, so if you DID receive a bill, date is unimportant.)

oscar

I last drove the 407 ETR no later than February 2010 (but probably the preceding summer), for its entire length, in a car with Virginia plates.  I was never billed.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

cpzilliacus

Quote from: oscar on February 18, 2014, 07:44:11 PM
I last drove the 407 ETR no later than February 2010 (but probably the preceding summer), for its entire length, in a car with Virginia plates.  I was never billed.

A colleague of mine drove it sometime between 2000 and 2005, and he did get billed - about 2 or 3 months after his trip.  Maryland tags.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

mtantillo

From Wikipedia:

"For drivers without transponders, the automatic number plate recognition system is linked to several provincial and U.S. state motor vehicle registries. Only the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, and the states of Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, New York, Maryland, Maine, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey, Delaware, and possibly several adjacent states and provinces provide 407 ETR access to their registry databases due to the privacy laws of these states. This has resulted in motorists from other jurisdictions being able to travel on 407 ETR without receiving a bill."

Alps

Quote from: mtantillo on July 23, 2014, 08:21:34 PM
From Wikipedia:

"For drivers without transponders, the automatic number plate recognition system is linked to several provincial and U.S. state motor vehicle registries. Only the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, and the states of Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, New York, Maryland, Maine, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey, Delaware, and possibly several adjacent states and provinces provide 407 ETR access to their registry databases due to the privacy laws of these states. This has resulted in motorists from other jurisdictions being able to travel on 407 ETR without receiving a bill."
Got a real source? "And possibly" is just such good research.

Dr Frankenstein

Regarding A25, they declared last year that they had no reciprocity at all, but that they were "working on it". They estimated the loss to be negligible, though.

TEG24601

Well, I can tell you that they have Reciprocity with Washington.  My parents have been on an extended vacation and drove cross country, from Seattle to St. Johns, NL, and visited some family North of Toronto, and I just got their 407ETR bill.
They said take a left at the fork in the road.  I didn't think they literally meant a fork, until plain as day, there was a fork sticking out of the road at a junction.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.