News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

I keep meaining to post here...

Started by davewiecking, February 02, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewiecking

Not creative enough to use anything other than my actual name as a user name. Closest interstate to home: unsigned 495X. Used to think my first posting on the internet (Aug '95)was on MTR, but turns out it was on dc.roads. Somewhere in my background is a Civil Engineering degree from U Md. Easily the most interesting and simultaneously boring 15 years of my life was spent as a Patent Examiner in Crystal City, VA although I've lived all my life in MD (except for 2 1/2 yrs of a failed first attempt at college in upstate NY). In the mid-80's I bolted an early VHS camera to the dashboard of my van, and somewhere have tapes of MD SHA's work on I-270 C/D lane construction and Rock Creek Rollercoaster widening, and VDOT's work on US 1 near National Airport. Was admitted to the AA Roads Forum last summer, and have tried to behave myself since then. Hoping to graduate beyond Dirt Road at some point...

hotdogPi

Quote from: davewiecking on February 02, 2015, 08:41:27 PMHoping to Hoping to graduate beyond Dirt Road at some point...

Hint: The number of total posts you need to be upgraded is equal to the number of the Interstate that goes through Denver and Albuquerque.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

davewiecking

Hmm. Wonder how I can be quoted "saying" something I didn't actually type...

hotdogPi

I thought I cut off a bit too much of the quote, so I added the first two words back in. What actually happened was that it was still there, but on the previous line.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

davewiecking

SignGeek101

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Alps

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.