News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AARoads forum and IE 11

Started by DaBigE, March 05, 2015, 12:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigE

Comments regarding the usage of IE 11 aside (it's the only browser I can use at work), anyone else noticed the following when writing a post:

When I try to select a single word out of a post I am writing by double-clicking it, nothing happens. No issues with doing this in other forums, websites, or word processors. I can still highlight by clicking and dragging, but not by double-clicking. Didn't have this issue with IE 10 or any other browser for that matter. Is it some incompatibility between the forum software and IE 11?
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

nexus73

My IE11 is doing what yours isn't.  I wonder why?

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

rickmastfan67

Sounds like there is a problem with your install of IE-11.

DaBigE

That's weird, cause I also updated IE 11 on my home PC and it's also not selecting by double clicking, even after a reinstall. Oh well...I'll survive...I was just curious if it was more than just me. Odd that it's just with this forum.

nexus73

Quote from: DaBigE on March 05, 2015, 10:08:38 AM
That's weird, cause I also updated IE 11 on my home PC and it's also not selecting by double clicking, even after a reinstall. Oh well...I'll survive...I was just curious if it was more than just me. Odd that it's just with this forum.

Computers will never take over the world.  They just want to make us kill ourselves...LOL!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

theline

I get the same behavior as DaBigE in IE 11. I noticed it back awhile, but it wasn't a big deal. I just click and drag. I can double-click to select a word on other web sites or here, if I use Chrome.

Scott5114

The forum uses standard HTML input boxes. If your browser is not behaving properly, then it is a result of your browser's programming.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

freebrickproductions

Works for me in IE 11. You might want to check your installs of IE 11 and make sure that they are installed properly.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

DaBigE

Quote from: freebrickproductions on March 06, 2015, 06:42:24 PM
Works for me in IE 11. You might want to check your installs of IE 11 and make sure that they are installed properly.
Could you be a bit more descriptive, please? I've uninstalled/reinstalled IE11 twice and no change. As I said before, AARoads is the only website I have this issue with.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: DaBigE on March 07, 2015, 02:21:42 AM
Quote from: freebrickproductions on March 06, 2015, 06:42:24 PM
Could you be a bit more descriptive, please? I've uninstalled/reinstalled IE11 twice and no change. As I said before, AARoads is the only website I have this issue with.
Huh. I have no idea what could be causing it. It could be add-ons to your web browser, but I don't think that'd be the case with you re-installing it and the problem continuing to exist.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

JREwing78

Does putting IE 11 in Compatibility Mode on aaroads.com fix the issue?

SSOWorld

Thanks [Microsoft]

Are you able to use Chrome or FF?
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

DaBigE

Quote from: JREwing78 on March 08, 2015, 01:18:46 PM
Does putting IE 11 in Compatibility Mode on aaroads.com fix the issue?

Yes, compatibility mode seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion; I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Quote from: SSOWorld on March 18, 2015, 04:45:12 AM
Thanks [Microsoft]

Exactly. Fix one thing, break another. It worked fine without needing compatibility mode in IE 10...and of course works fine in any other browser.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.