News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Media referencing the board

Started by webfil, March 01, 2016, 05:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webfil

I stumbled upon a reference to AA Roads when reading an article about Clearview on CityLab.

Are there any other references from national media to AA Roads?

Brandon

HOLY SHIT, WE'RE FAMOUS!
/major sarc.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

formulanone

From the Google Maps Just Fucking Sucks Now Thread:

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 27, 2014, 02:47:32 PM
The AARoads Forum, specifically this thread, earns a mention in the Washington Post!

Map rage: Navigating Google's revised way-finding system by Robert Thomson (Dr. Gridlock)

QuoteIt wasn't broken, Google. Why did you have to fix it?

The last time I wrote about Google Maps was to praise the way-finding system, comparing it favorably to Apple's much-derided mapping system.

That was then. This is now: The version of Google Maps now showing up on my desktop PC is fuzzy and slow. And those are its best qualities.

This isn't just an old guy grumble. Our frequent commenter 1995hoo pointed out a conversation about the maps on the AARoads forum. The commenter included a warning about the language I would encounter there from travelers who are reacting as I did.

I had sent him a tweet, in reply to his prior one that I quoted earlier in this thread, suggesting he check out this thread.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.