News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Need help completing Zeffy's scripts for AARoads

Started by Alex, April 21, 2016, 09:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Hello all,

I am in need of some programming assistance to help complete some scripts that Zeffy developed for AARoads through the course of last year. The php he created is designed to replace what we currently have running on all the dynamic pages (guide.php). That script was originally wrote by Jake back in 2009 and outside of some tweaks Zeffy and myself have made, is mostly unchanged otherwise. Several of the functions are depreciating on it now and the overall editing process remains cryptic at best. My php knowledge is limited and I've hit a wall with making progress.

What Zeffy has developed was something more robust with some better modules for easier page editing. This was going to lead to some of our contributors being able to edit/update their own content, freeing me up to expand more of the site with other submissions and our own photos. Was also going to couple that with a planned overhaul of other aspects of the site, including the out of date Shield Gallery (which is not mobile friendly and is a bear to update in its current form).

Please pm me if you are interested or if you can point me in the direction of someone who may be able to help. Thanks!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.