News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Exit Number Challenge

Started by jbnv, April 26, 2016, 09:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbnv

Since we're doing route numbers, let's do exit numbers as well. Let's see how many consecutive exit numbers we can find.

Rules:

1. An eligible picture is a picture of a Big Green Sign clearly showing the exit number and the target route(s) and/or destination(s). Gore signs do not count.

2. One picture per person per post.

3. When you post a valid exit sign, you must wait at least 5 numbers before you can post another valid exit sign, unless I grant you an override.

4. Google Street View is allowed. GSV images must clearly show the exit number and destination information on the sign.

5. If you have a picture that you took yourself in the wild, you can override a picture from GSV or one found by Internet search. For example, if the last number was 4, and an Exit 4 was snapped or linked from Street View, and you have your own picture of an Exit 4 sign, you can "override" the GSV image and post your picture; you do not have to advance to Exit 5.

6. Exits with two numbers count only for one number.

7. Subletters (e.g. "Exit 1A") do not matter.

We start with Exit 0 in Jeffersonville, Indiana.

🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

hotdogPi

Quote from: jbnv on April 26, 2016, 09:31:00 AM
3. Once you post, you must wait at least 5 numbers before you can post again, unless I grant you an override.

Clarification: Because I'm making a post now, I won't be able to post again until Exit 5 is shown? Or does the 5+ rule only apply to images?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

jbnv

Quote from: 1 on April 26, 2016, 09:39:20 AM
Quote from: jbnv on April 26, 2016, 09:31:00 AM
3. Once you post, you must wait at least 5 numbers before you can post again, unless I grant you an override.

Clarification: Because I'm making a post now, I won't be able to post again until Exit 5 is shown? Or does the 5+ rule only apply to images?

Post a picture. There's no picture in your post. I'll clarify the rule.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

Darkchylde

Ian

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

NWI_Irish96

Does the sign have to be a sign that still exists?  If not, then the picture for 0 is not valid.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

jbnv

Quote from: cabiness42 on April 26, 2016, 11:55:06 AM
Does the sign have to be a sign that still exists?  If not, then the picture for 0 is not valid.

No, neither the sign nor the exit has to still exist. (It must have been a real exit at some point.)

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

busman_49

jbnv

Quote from: busman_49 on April 26, 2016, 12:39:48 PM
(I love the name - Biesterfield)

I keep reading it as "blister-field."

5: I'd like to know the story with these two pictures. Did they remove a bridge?

Jim

I'll get you 3 6's at once in Pittsburgh.

Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

Darkchylde

Closed at the time I got the pic but open now:

jbnv

okroads

PHLBOS

GPS does NOT equal GOD

Darkchylde

Truvelo

Pictures with two exit numbers only count as one though so here's a 9
Speed limits limit life

hbelkins

This game would be more fun if it required mileage-based exit signs and disallowed sequential signs.

Anyway, here's Kentucky's newest Exit 10.

2014 Kentucky Road Photos 0709 by H.B. Elkins, on Flickr

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Roadgeek2500

Here's a brand new sign on the Garden State Parkway that replaces an at-grade intersection. The GSP is now fully expressway all the way to Exit 0
Quote from: NE2 on December 20, 2013 - DRPA =Derpa

Jim

Going for the thread record for most US highway shields on a matching exit number sign.

Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

Darkchylde

busman_49

for Exit 14, I present a remnant of OH 126 when it was routed along Glendale-Milford Rd.:
P1160502 by Ryan busman_49, on Flickr

This stretch of 126 was re-routed to the Ronald Reagan Expressway in the 1990s.  The signs had the shields removed but are still happily serving their purpose.

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Alex

Quote from: jbnv on April 26, 2016, 01:06:34 PM
Quote from: busman_49 on April 26, 2016, 12:39:48 PM
(I love the name - Biesterfield)

I keep reading it as "blister-field."

5: I'd like to know the story with these two pictures. Did they remove a bridge?

The interchange with U.S. 25 was reconfigured from a folded diamond into a standard diamond to accommodate the adjacent new interchange for Interstate 520 (Palmetto Parkway).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.