News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Should Chicago Av access from/to Lakeshore Dr be eliminated during rush hour????

Started by dzlsabe, April 27, 2016, 08:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzlsabe

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8969492,-87.6166316,141m/data=!3m1!1e3

Watched this long enough. It seems silly to stop eight lanes of heavy traffic for the relative handful of vehicles that use this when there are easy alternatives at Grand and Chestnut.
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

ET21

Quote from: NE2 on April 27, 2016, 08:39:47 PM
Did this happen? Or is it fictional like the hypotenuse?

No it's true. Lake Shore Drive has a random traffic light between the Chicago river and the s curve. This section between Randolph and it's northern terminus at Sheridan is an "expressway" but the light frequently screws up the traffic both North and southbound. The fact it still remains there is baffling.

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

GeekJedi

"Wisconsin - The Concurrency State!"

froggie

Chestnut is useless for those heading northbound.  And Grand isn't accessible if one gets on LSD from Wacker or Randolph.

dzlsabe

Quote from: froggie on April 30, 2016, 03:04:43 PM
Chestnut is useless for those heading northbound.  And Grand isn't accessible if one gets on LSD from Wacker or Randolph.
Its not possible (nor is there a need? just go to Michigan Av) to go NB from Chestnut ever. Grand is accessible from Randolph and Wacker by lower LSD. The river bridge has two levels.

Maybe you could renumber some cats?

Or this?

Or this?

Reap what you sow, little buddy. Maybe you should DO your homework.
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

The Ghostbuster

You likely have to take LSD (the drug) to get through this intersection during rush hour.

dzlsabe

pianocello

Quote from: dzlsabe on May 06, 2016, 01:28:22 AM
Sorry I asked. Thanx for  your generous apathy.

No need to be impatient. You asked a question, people gave feedback. Sometimes that's all there is to it.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

DevalDragon

dzlsabe

NB from around Chicago Av is easy. Youd just go to Michigan Av. SB is tougher. Fairbanks/Columbus is often a mess. How bout make the one-block on McClurg Ct between Ontario and Erie two-way? That makes another way to Illinois and LSD. Also gives access to the least known superhighway in Chicago. N Water to Lower Mich and Wacker Dr. Stop at the Billy Goat if you must. Wave at that nice building with the "TRUMPstamp" on it. :wave:

ET21

McClurg is two way already. If you eliminate the parking, that could allow two lanes each direction if you want.

Clinched:

dzlsabe

Quote from: ET21 on July 10, 2016, 12:52:12 AM
McClurg is two way already. If you eliminate the parking, that could allow two lanes each direction if you want.

Not between Ontario and Ohio.

ET21

Quote from: dzlsabe on July 10, 2016, 01:14:15 AM
Quote from: ET21 on July 10, 2016, 12:52:12 AM

Not between Ontario and Erie.

Ontario and Ohio is one way section, but whatever. It does seem like a redundant street that switches between one and two way. Considering all the available parking, it could easily be formed into a two lane, two way street from at least Erie down to just before River. Every little bit helps for sure

Clinched:

silverback1065

Quote from: dzlsabe on April 27, 2016, 08:33:18 PM
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8969492,-87.6166316,141m/data=!3m1!1e3

Watched this long enough. It seems silly to stop eight lanes of heavy traffic for the relative handful of vehicles that use this when there are easy alternatives at Grand and Chestnut.

yes it should

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.