News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

MN 15 I-594?

Started by dvferyance, July 05, 2016, 05:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvferyance

At a road meet I attended last year I recalled someone from Minnesota told me MN 15 in St Cloud was going to become I-594. Is this true? I can't find any information that confirms this. Nothing even on wikipedia.

froggie

Not true.  And it's already been suggested to MnDOT that the proposed I-94/US 10 connector near Clearwater be designated 594.

dvferyance

Quote from: froggie on July 05, 2016, 05:25:42 PM
Not true.  And it's already been suggested to MnDOT that the proposed I-94/US 10 connector near Clearwater be designated 594.
I can't find anything on that either.

froggie

It's not an official suggestion.  I know the project manager personally and mentioned it as a possibility.  But don't hold your breath as MnDOT doesn't have any money to build any of it in the next decade or two, by which time my associate will likely be retired.

Henry

Until I see some official confirmation on I-594, can we discuss that in Fictional Highways?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

The Ghostbuster

Agreed. This thread seems pretty fictional to me.

froggie

Not really, he was asking about something he heard that he thought was real, and I provided clarification.

MNHighwayMan

Mn/DOT's logpoint reference says that the replacement for MN-24 between Clearwater and Clear Lake is going to be MN-410.

MNTH 410 000+00.000 JCT ISTH-94 0.000 3 3B 8613 0715 000 0

---> NON-EXISTENT FROM 000+00.000 TO 003+00.710

MNTH 410 003+00.710 JCT USTH-10 3.710 3 3B 7111 0710 000

0710 and 0715 are the city codes for Clear Lake and Clearwater, respectively.

froggie

QuoteMn/DOT's logpoint reference says that the replacement for MN-24 between Clearwater and Clear Lake is going to be MN-410.

Per the project manager (personal correspondence), that's just a placeholder and the designation has not been determined yet.

MNHighwayMan

Ah, interesting. It would make perfect sense, though.

Have any of the plans been publicly released yet? I can't seem to find any.

froggie

The current project webpage.  Chapter 3 of the FEIS has figures of the preferred layout, which are also on the "Maps" page.  It's been almost a decade since the FEIS was finished.

MNHighwayMan

Cool, thank you! (Whatever search terms I used weren't working...)

Also, I had no idea the project was that old. I was three/four years old when studies began in 1995/96.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.