News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

South Carolina Highway Pages Rejuvenated!!!

Started by Mapmikey, July 30, 2016, 03:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mapmikey

Greetings...

I announce the return of the South Carolina Highway Pages...

It is now an annex to the Virginia Highways Project - http://www.vahighways.com/scannex/route-log/index.htm

This is the culmination of 18 months updating and giving an individual page to each state route that I have been able to identify since the release of 600+ county maps on the Univ of SC website a few years back.  There are innumerable additions and changes to the highway data since I first put together the pages at Angelfire in 2007.

In the coming months I will also update the US route and Interstate routes.

Note that most state highway map scans from 1952 or later still need to be assembled, so that will also be forthcoming.

SO MANY ALT ROUTES!

usends

Thanks for the hard work; your pages have been a great resource over the years!
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

Alex

Quote from: Mapmikey on July 30, 2016, 03:15:06 PM
Greetings...

I announce the return of the South Carolina Highway Pages...

It is now an annex to the Virginia Highways Project - http://www.vahighways.com/scannex/route-log/index.htm

Since your pages now go well beyond Virginia, maybe you would be interested in having the southeastroads.com domain when we are done with it.

froggie

QuoteSince your pages now go well beyond Virginia, maybe you would be interested in having the southeastroads.com domain when we are done with it.

Thanks for the offer, but I think we're fine where we are.  Though Mike has done extensive work with the Carolinas with the "annexes", our main focus is and will continue to be Virginia.

WillWeaverRVA

Great work, as always. I really enjoy reading these pages and I'm glad the SC road pages are getting updated.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

jbnati27

Mapmikey

I appreciate the positive feedback...

My next effort will involve doing some Virginia stuff but then I will update the SC pages for US routes (a bunch of ALT routes) and cover all the unknown designated primary routes I am aware of from the 1940s...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.