News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Split "Traffic Control" into "Traffic Control" and "Sign photo threads"

Started by hotdogPi, August 09, 2016, 02:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

Traffic Control is a large board, and many of them are sign photo threads, including these:

• Department of Redundancy Department
  • Worst of Road Signs
  • Erroneous Road Signs
  • Unique/Interesting Signs
  • Best of Road Signs
  • Signs with Design Errors
  • The 1-2-3 [insert thing here] Challenge
  • Department of Redundancy Department

And many more minor ones.

As a separate suggestion, it may not be possible to do (going through 160 pages is a lot), but maybe create a separate thread for US/state errors, and move everything applicable from the Worst Of and Erroneous threads to that thread.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

empirestate

kphoger

Quote from: 1 on August 09, 2016, 02:46:31 PM
a separate thread for US/state errors, and move everything applicable from the Worst Of and Erroneous threads to that thread.

This specifically has made me stop wanting to visit the Worst Of and Erroneous threads.  They're so cluttered with insignificant goofs...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Rothman

Quote from: kphoger on August 09, 2016, 03:28:43 PM
a separate thread for US/state errors, and move everything applicable from the Worst Of and Erroneous threads to that thread.

This specifically has made me stop wanting to visit the Worst Of and Erroneous threads.  They're so cluttered with insignificant goofs...

*shrugs*

Although there are insignificant goofs in there, I'm not terribly bothered by it.  Just as there are debates over what is best, there will be debates over what is worst.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Brandon

Quote from: kphoger on August 09, 2016, 03:28:43 PM

It's a pain in the ass to convince people that if it's not up to CraIG COuNtY (lack of) quality, it doesn't belong in that thread.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.