News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Future Interstate 57

Started by Interstate 69 Fan, November 01, 2016, 11:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interstate 69 Fan

Thread for Future I-57. I couldn't find a future I-57 thread, so I made one. If there already is one, my bad.
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

US71

Won't happen unless Missouri goes along with it, I don't care what Dr Boozman says
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Interstate 69 Fan

Quote from: US71 on November 01, 2016, 11:29:18 AM
Won't happen unless Missouri goes along with it, I don't care what Dr Boozman says
Missouri and Arkansas came to an agreeement on I-57. Arkansas wanted I-30, and Missouri wanted I-57. Arkansas compromised and agreed on not I-57, but Future I-57.

mvak36

Quote from: Interstate 69 Fan on November 01, 2016, 12:27:23 PM
Missouri and Arkansas came to an agreeement on I-57. Arkansas wanted I-30, and Missouri wanted I-57. Arkansas compromised and agreed on not I-57, but Future I-57.

I thought it was the Arkansas congressman that put the 57 designation in the bill. I didn't hear anything about Missouri's preference. Do you have any links to support what you are saying? Not saying you are wrong, but I want to verify for myself.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

Interstate 69 Fan

Quote from: mvak36 on November 01, 2016, 01:41:40 PM
Quote from: Interstate 69 Fan on November 01, 2016, 12:27:23 PM

I thought it was the Arkansas congressman that put the 57 designation in the bill. I didn't hear anything about Missouri's preference. Do you have any links to support what you are saying? Not saying you are wrong, but I want to verify for myself.
Unfortunately, no. Wikipedia has some info, though (I think). It's on either the "Future Interstate Highways" page or the US 67 in Arkansas page.

The Ghostbuster

How soon will we see Interstate 57 shields along the corridor? I suspect not for a long time.

US71

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on November 01, 2016, 05:15:02 PM
How soon will we see Interstate 57 shields along the corridor? I suspect not for a long time.

Not until it's (ever) complete
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Bobby5280

There's probably nothing to stop "Future I-57 Corridor" signs from being installed along the highway.

Interstate 69 Fan

Quote from: Bobby5280 on November 01, 2016, 11:28:28 PM
There's probably nothing to stop "Future I-57 Corridor" signs from being installed along the highway.
Unfortunately, Missouri doesn't do that. If they do, I'm mistaken. Arkansas does, however. I know that with Interstate 69.

Interstate 69 Fan

Quote from: US71 on November 01, 2016, 05:55:29 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on November 01, 2016, 05:15:02 PM

Not until it's (ever) complete
Arkansas & Missouri have a high priority corridor, named I-57...

sparker

Quote from: Interstate 69 Fan on November 04, 2016, 12:51:09 PM
Arkansas & Missouri have a high priority corridor, named I-57...

Uhh -- not quite.  Missouri's putative section of the projected (not yet fully "proposed") I-57 corridor is actually composed of parts of two distinct HPC's:  the N-S portion along US 67 is defined as a portion of Missouri's multi-section HPC #61 cluster, while the E-W segment following US 60 is the closest extant facility to the description of the transcontinental HPC #3 (often touted as "I-66" -- but that's another can of worms!).  There's no corresponding high priority corridor in Arkansas -- although AR 226, the connector between the US 67 freeway and Jonesboro, is HPC #52 -- and often prematurely described as an Interstate connector.  The AR US 67 corridor itself is, at present, not part of the U.S. high priority corridor family. 

longhorn

I wander if I69 in Texas should connected with I-57 instead. Would be completed faster.

inkyatari

I posted my idea for a longer I-57 route over in Fictional Highways, if you haven't seen it...

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=19151.0
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.