News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Roll-up signs

Started by Pink Jazz, June 30, 2017, 02:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

I was wondering, what type of roll-up signs are used in your area - mesh, non-reflective vinyl, or reflective vinyl?

Here in the Phoenix area, reflective vinyl now seems to be the norm, including for Fluorescent Pink incident management signs.  My guess its key advantage is that it can be used at night.  I haven't seen a mesh sign in years.

roadfro

I'm pretty sure Nevada uses reflective vinyl for any roll-up signs (construction warning, mostly).

I don't think I've ever seen a mesh sign...
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Brian556

Mesh signs are garbage. Not only do people always end up using them at night, they get stained very easily by the dirt, grease and oil that can be found in the back of a work truck.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.