News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Polo shirts - Piqué vs. Interlock

Started by Pink Jazz, November 24, 2016, 03:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

I was wondering, for polo shirts, what is your preference - piqué or interlock?  For those who don't know the difference, piqué is your traditional mesh knit, while interlock is the softer smoother cotton knit.

I don't really have a real preference (even though most of my polo shirts are piqué, including my seven IZOD Advantage Polo shirts), although sometimes when I am wearing an interlock polo shirt in my signature color I feel like I am in a fairy outfit due to the smooth soft appearance of the interlock combined with the color.  I have a few short sleeve interlock polo shirts by IZOD and US Polo Assn, as well as two long sleeve interlock polo shirts by Lands' End.

What is your preference?

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Pink Jazz

cjk374

See-thru lacey wife beater that let's my belly flop out from underneath. Most comfy.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hbelkins

I prefer interlock. The cats tend to pick the pique knit shirts.

Although I wouldn't be caught dead wearing an Izod shirt. We made fun of the preppies who wore Izod shirts when I was in college.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

Quote from: hbelkins on November 25, 2016, 05:54:50 PM
Although I wouldn't be caught dead wearing an Izod shirt. We made fun of the preppies who wore Izod shirts when I was in college.

When I was in middle school, we always made fun of the preps who wore polos with the collars turned up.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Pink Jazz

Just don't confuse IZOD with Lacoste (the one with the crocodile).  From 1952 to 1993, Lacoste had a licensing deal with IZOD, where IZOD produced Lacoste's clothing for the United States market, and was co-branded as IZOD Lacoste.  Lacoste is now a high-end luxury clothing brand competing with Polo Ralph Lauren, while IZOD is now a mid-market brand competing with brands such as Ralph Lauren's Chaps brand and the U.S. Polo Assn brand.  Lacoste is currently owned by Swiss holding company Maus Frères, while IZOD is currently owned by American clothing company PVH, who also owns the Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Van Heusen, Arrow, Warner's, and Olga brands, as well as the North American rights to the Speedo brand.

Speaking of interlock, I just bought myself today an IZOD Windward Cool Interlock Polo in Real Red on clearance today at JCPenney (it was the last one left and was luckily in my size).  This is my second one of these shirts (my other one is in Cradle Pink).

jakeroot

Quote from: Pink Jazz on November 25, 2016, 07:47:53 PM

Just don't confuse IZOD with Lacoste (the one with the crocodile).  From 1952 to 1993, Lacoste had a licensing deal with IZOD, where IZOD produced Lacoste's clothing for the United States market, and was co-branded as IZOD Lacoste.  Lacoste is now a high-end luxury clothing brand competing with Polo Ralph Lauren, while IZOD is now a mid-market brand competing with brands such as Ralph Lauren's Chaps brand and the U.S. Polo Assn brand.  Lacoste is currently owned by Swiss holding company Maus Frères, while IZOD is currently owned by American clothing company PVH, who also owns the Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Van Heusen, Arrow, Warner's, and Olga brands, as well as the North American rights to the Speedo brand.

Speaking of interlock, I just bought myself today an IZOD Windward Cool Interlock Polo in Real Red on clearance today at JCPenney (it was the last one left and was luckily in my size).  This is my second one of these shirts (my other one is in Cradle Pink).

Polo aficionado eh?

Pink Jazz

Quote from: jakeroot on November 25, 2016, 07:59:56 PM
Quote from: Pink Jazz on November 25, 2016, 07:47:53 PM

Polo aficionado eh?

This information is publicly available on Wikipedia.  Since IZOD is my favorite brand, however, I know a lot about them.  This year I bought their Advantage Polo (a 60/40 piqué polo with moisture-wicking fabric and UPF-15 sun protection) in seven different colors - Cradle Pink (light pink), Absinthe Green (medium-light green), Blue Radiance (turquoise), Tea Rose (salmon), Real Red (red), Dusted Peri (blue-violet), and Bright White (white).  Today I just got a Windward Cool Interlock Polo in Real Red on clearance today at JCPenney; the Advantage Polos were only on sale, not on clearance, plus I have enough of them already, even though I have bought several for friends and family, some in a few other colors that I don't have.

I also have an Advantage Fleece in Cradle Pink that I bought in September, and this upcoming week looks like will be a perfect time to wear it.

Last year, I bought everything I can find in the Fairy Tale (light pink, not as light as Cradle Pink) color, and not just polo shirts, but two button down shirts as well.  I will be wearing one of those to a birthday party tomorrow.

Scott5114

I can only hope that someone cares about my business/brand that much someday.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

CNGL-Leudimin

When I read 'Piqué' I don't think of polo shirts, but rather this (association) footballer.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Scott5114

I tend to think of Piquet, a fairly complicated (and nigh-obsolete) card game.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kkt

I have a couple of Land's End supima polos on order as we type...

slorydn1

Neither.

Since I have to wear them at work, I avoid them like the plague when I'm not working.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

kphoger

Whatever kind I get free from work or hand-me-downs.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.