News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Translating the American [Interstate] Highway System into a Subway Map

Started by Molandfreak, March 15, 2014, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molandfreak

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Zeffy

Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Duke87

I have this map hanging on my living room wall in poster form. It is a really cool creation!
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

US81

Wow, I really like both versions, Interstates and US Highways.

vdeane

Some of those city choices are weird.  No Burlington on I-89?  And what the **** is Fineview?  I had to look that up on Google; it isn't mentioned on I-81 and I didn't even notice it there the one time I was on that part of Jefferson CR 100.  Alexandria Bay or Clayton would be more accurate, or if you want the northernmost US exit on I-81, DeWolf Point.  The Canadian Point there should be Hill Island or Ivy Lea (or Landsowne, it's what the customs plaza is named after), not Selton, which MTO has never heard of and Google doesn't want to find (but will if you force it to not autocorrect to Felton).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

agentsteel53

Quote from: vdeane on March 15, 2014, 04:01:44 PMAnd what the **** is Fineview?

it's a font designed by the Alanland Highway Department in conjunction with various places of higher learning.  it's approved only for dark-on-light applications, is universally considered to have passable numbers and ugly letters, and its effectiveness when viewed by retroreflective goats is disputed.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

bing101

I remember that there was a picture where los angeles freeways were drawn in subway map form.

sammi

Quote from: bing101 on March 16, 2014, 04:30:59 PM
I remember that there was a picture where los angeles freeways were drawn in subway map form.
That would be this one. I don't really like the design though... :/

mrsman

Quote from: sammi on March 16, 2014, 04:44:10 PM
Quote from: bing101 on March 16, 2014, 04:30:59 PM
That would be this one. I don't really like the design though... :/

Does nobody call the 405-22-605 interchange Malfunction Junction anymore?

One nice thing about this map is that it very clearly shows where there are missing movements on freeway to freeway interchanges.

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.