News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Ramp meters coming to I-435?

Started by Revive 755, June 19, 2010, 11:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

Chris

Really? Traffic volumes are quite low for the capacity present on I-435. The highest count is 109,000 at the southern side in Missouri (8 lanes) and 138,000 in Kansas (also 8 lanes), which is not very high (up to 200,000 is common in other American cities on 8-lane freeways). In some areas, traffic volumes are exceptionally low for six lanes (as low as 20,000 vehicles on the northern side of I-435).

ShawnP

In all reality these meters would only be useful during rush hour in the morning and evening. Other wise they are a waste of money IMHO.

Scott5114

This KCScout press release says that the ramp meters were supposed to have been turned on on November 24, 2009. How'd we miss this?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

froggie

QuoteIn all reality these meters would only be useful during rush hour in the morning and evening. Other wise they are a waste of money IMHO.

That's typically when ramp meters are on anyway...during rush hour.  They're typically off (or in MnDOT's case flashing-yellow) during non-peak times.

route56

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 21, 2010, 01:41:46 AM
This KCScout press release says that the ramp meters were supposed to have been turned on on November 24, 2009. How'd we miss this?

(The AAroads moderators look at route56 with a less-than-happy look on their faces)

Oops!
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Scott5114

Indeed. route56, you are hereby sentenced to hand-deliver toilet paper to bears for the next year.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.