News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Arkansas

Started by Grzrd, June 18, 2012, 11:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadwaywiz95

For this upcoming weekend's Webinar presentation, we'll be taking a look at the freeway system of the state of Arkansas, with the focus on the Little Rock metropolitan area. Coverage will begin on Saturday (1/13) at 6 PM ET and will feature live contributions from members of this forum; we hope to see you there!

Clinched Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/roadwaywiz.gif
Clinched Interstates & Other Highways: https://travelmapping.net/shields/clinched.php?units=miles&u=roadwaywiz

@roadwaywiz on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Spreadshirt, and Discord

Also at http://www.gribblenation.org/

Road Hog

Quote from: roadwaywiz95 on January 10, 2024, 10:53:23 AM
For this upcoming weekend's Webinar presentation, we'll be taking a look at the freeway system of the state of Arkansas, with the focus on the Little Rock metropolitan area. Coverage will begin on Saturday (1/13) at 6 PM ET and will feature live contributions from members of this forum; we hope to see you there!

Never realized until now that Little Rock has six different I-shields. Soon to be seven if I-57 gets approval.

ilpt4u

Quote from: Road Hog on January 12, 2024, 05:41:10 PM

Never realized until now that Little Rock has six different I-shields. Soon to be seven if I-57 gets approval constructed/finished/signed.
Pretty sure 57 already has approval via Congress, just needs MO&AR to build/upgrade the necessary segments. And thats all I'll say here as 57 has its own thread, titled "I-57 Approved" fwiw: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=21289.0

Road Hog

Quote from: ilpt4u on January 12, 2024, 11:23:23 PM
Quote from: Road Hog on January 12, 2024, 05:41:10 PM

Never realized until now that Little Rock has six different I-shields. Soon to be seven if I-57 gets approval constructed/finished/signed.
Pretty sure 57 already has approval via Congress, just needs MO&AR to build/upgrade the necessary segments. And thats all I'll say here as 57 has its own thread, titled "I-57 Approved" fwiw: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=21289.0
Yes, I'm well aware of the thread as well as the (highly conditional) approval. Appreciate the clarification.

MikieTimT

The seemingly eternal I-30 expansion in Saline County is fixing to shift gears it seems.  ARDOT has had enough of the contractor delays and is fixing to start looking for another.

https://www.kark.com/news/local-news/ardot-recommends-putting-company-working-on-saline-co-i-30-project-into-default-of-contract/

Tomahawkin

They are still working on IH 30 SW of the 440 interchange? If so Cheesewhiz! For a Project to take that long I would have wanted to see 10 lanes total in that area and 6 lanes total all the way to Hot Springs. AR DOT must have hired the same trash Contractor that GDOT did? One Project here in Atlanta ( IH 285/SR 400 interchange rebuild) was supposed to take 6 years. It ended up turning into nearly 10...

MikieTimT

The project started May '19 and was supposed to be done Nov. '22.  When Apr. '23 came and went, they started the penalties, so they haven't been paying them for almost a year now.  Jan. '25 is their new guess, so ARDOT had enough.  The next Arkansas Highway Commission meeting has this as a topic as well and will make the final call to hold them in default and look for a replacement.

Road Hog

It has taken this stretch almost 5 years now and they're not close to done. This is a little 5-mile segment.

It didn't take more than about 5 or 6 years to get I-30 6-laned from Geyer Springs Road all the way to Benton.

Ridiculous malfeasance. Hopefully someone gets fired.

The biggest thing was probably the bridge over the Saline River, and I believe that is done or close to it. The rest of the grading and buildup has been paiiiiiinnnnnfully slow.

Tomahawkin

In regards to the last 2 posts! That is disgusting! I'm baffled that it is happening in a high priority corridor and in the Suburbs of The Rock... Someone should be fired. OT I have been saying this for 20+ years. Arkansas needs toll roads to fund these projects! Especially The completion of IH 49

MikieTimT

This particular issue isn't due to funding, but contractor clearly underestimating the resources to complete the project that they won the bid on.  This is fixing to result in the contractor's insurance having to pay out on the bond they had to put up and another contractor selected.  Covid was the excuse for a couple of years, but that ship has long sailed.

MikieTimT

ARDOT Set to Receive an Additional $91 Million in Federal Funding for Six Projects

$67 million for Interstate 49 between Barling and Alma, and the rest split as follows:

$6 million for the Future Interstate 57 from Walnut Ridge to the Missouri State Line;
$5 million for the Highway 10 Greenwood Bypass;
$5 million for Highway 82 Corridor improvements in Ashley, Chicot, Columbia, and Union Counties;
$5 million for Highway 412 Corridor improvements of the portion that interfaces with Interstate 49;
$3 million for Highway 412 Corridor improvements in northern Arkansas.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.