News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Interstates 21 and 23?

Started by Rover_0, October 05, 2009, 09:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rover_0

As per Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Interstate_Highways (I know, I know; you can't always trust it, but nothing's been changed for a while on this page) under Future Interstate Highways:

Proposed routes, extensions and conversions of U.S. interstate highways:

Interstate 21 from Douglas to Willcox in Cochise County, Arizona.

Interstate 23 from Columbus to Deming, New Mexico.

While I click on any of them, it just leads me back to the "Future Interstates" page.  Still, if these proposed routes I-21 and I-23 are indeed real, how soon could we expect them to be built?

They, as well as I-19, should simply become spurs of I-10.
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

agentsteel53

someone's gotta be off the deep end here.  This is another one that sounds like it should be a three-digit interstate (an x15 given the absence of x05 options)

Quote# Conversion of California State Route 78 to Interstate 18 from Escondido by Interstate 15 to Oceanside to meet Interstate 5.

and this one does not even make any sense:

QuoteConversion of U.S. Highway 83 from Laredo, Texas to connect Interstate 37 to Brownsville, Texas supposedly to be marked Interstate 6 or Interstate 7, but may be viewed as an extension of Interstate 35 from Corpus Christi, Texas.

35 does not go through Corpus Christi - that's 37's southern terminus.  If 37 were extended to Brownsville, it would not be the US-83 corridor.  35 and 37 could be extended to Brownsville via the US-83 and US-77 corridors, respectively ... and neither of them had better be numbered I-7!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Revive 755

I have extreme doubts that I-21 and I-23 will ever exist in areas where the numbers fit (though I wonder if the US 20 expressway east of Idaho Falls could become part of a new route up to I-90 at Bozeman, MT).  Going from streetview, I don't seen enough to really justify four laning the proposed I-21 and I-23 routes.  Maybe if the rules change to allow two lane expressways to be signed as interstates.

And for another Wikipedia error with future interstates:
QuoteConversion of U.S. Highway 71 from Fort Smith, Ark. to Texarkana, supposedly to be marked Interstate 54.

Rover_0

Yea, and it may be off topic (with regards to region), but notice also the N-S Interstate 54 between Fort Smith, AR to Texarkana, TX.  It would be a much better extension of I-49.
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.