News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Signs Honouring Culture

Started by ghYHZ, December 27, 2011, 10:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghYHZ

NS TIR is placing signs along the 100 series highways at exits to First Nation Communities (similar to an Indian Reservation in the US)

Also honoured with special exit signage are the Acadian Regions in the province. (in Louisiana Acadians are known as Cajuns)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There are similar signs naming a section of Trans Canada Highway 105 in Cape Breton for Alexander Graham Bell.......recognizing his work in Aeronautics and the flight of the Silver Dart at Baddeck (more so than the invention of the Telephone (Bell is buried at Baddeck)......And also sections of TCH 104 through mining area have signage honour Miners.

Dr Frankenstein

Great! I really like all these fancy signs!

Duke87

The exit tabs are left aligned. Why are the exit tabs left aligned?

Quite colorful, though.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

formulanone

Ooh, I like those Big Colorful Signs.

While I think it would be overkill if they were on every exit, those with national or state parks, or other importance would be welcome additions on America's highways.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Alps

Quote from: Duke87 on December 27, 2011, 07:37:42 PM
The exit tabs are left aligned. Why are the exit tabs left aligned?

For whatever reason, that is the Nova Scotia standard regardless of exit direction. (Especially considering many "exits" are at-grade cross streets.) They've gone way overboard with large colorful signs lately...

Sykotyk

I like them for when there's something worthwhile. If they go overboard, it just acts like a state-sanctioned billboard. Not a good idea. But, they're better than an all brown sign like in the U.S.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.