News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

[July 25th 2015] Walker County, AL Bridge/Road Meet

Started by codyg1985, December 22, 2014, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Saturday in July works best for everyone?

July 4th
1 (14.3%)
July 11th
1 (14.3%)
July 18th
0 (0%)
July 25th
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

codyg1985

I never stopped to think about just how many old bridges there are where I grew up. Some of them are no longer in service, but many of them are, and I think a lot of you would be interested in a meet that focused on that.

Here is the original post I made on the meet in the 2015 meets thread.

I'm thinking about doing this sometime in July. It isn't my preferred time of the year to host at meet in Alabama due to the hot weather, but given the availability of other dates, this looks to be the best option right now.

Update:: The meet will be held on July 25th, and we will be having lunch at Garfield's in Jasper, AL. Here is the address:

Garfield's
Jasper Mall Shopping Center
300 Old Hwy 78 E
Jasper, AL 35501
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

SSOWorld

Speaking for the 25th.  July 4 is going to be tough unless we hold a forth of july party for our families.  I recall trying for the weekend after the fourth and striking out then too. :-D  NOTE: Cannot guarantee that I'll attend but I'm keeping in mind (as Alabama would be a new state for me).
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Takumi

On the outside chance I can make it, I'm also going to say the 25th.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

jpi

I voted July 4th, reason being is that is the only weekend in July I will probably be free, the last 2 weekends in July are definetly out since Steph and I are planning on going out west those weeks and the 2nd weekend in July may be busy for me too.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jdb1234

Forth of July would probably work the best for me, but I tried to get it off two years ago to attend the Chattanooga meet and ended up having to work.   Also, I am planning to go to SW Florida in late June.  Other than that, I would love to attend. 

hbelkins

No real preference on dates. If finances allow, which is doubtful, I could probably make any date work.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

codyg1985

Cody Goodman

A.J. Bertin

Given all the other travel I have planned for 2015, I'm realizing that I will probably not be able to attend an Alabama meet this year. (This bums me out because I so want to go.) Not ruling it out completely, but I'd say I only have a 20 percent chance of attending. Because of that, I will refrain from officially voting. However, if I were to attend, my best guess right now would be the date farthest away from July 4 possible (July 25 in this case).
-A.J. from Michigan

codyg1985

It looks like July 25th is the clear winner here. I will go ahead and make an announcement and post a Facebook event shortly.
Cody Goodman

jpi

I will say maybe but if all works out, it will be a "no" because Steph and I will be somewhere in Minnesota or Wisconsin that day, part of our BIG cross country road trip.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on January 04, 2015, 09:59:04 PM
Given all the other travel I have planned for 2015, I'm realizing that I will probably not be able to attend an Alabama meet this year. (This bums me out because I so want to go.) Not ruling it out completely, but I'd say I only have a 20 percent chance of attending. Because of that, I will refrain from officially voting. However, if I were to attend, my best guess right now would be the date farthest away from July 4 possible (July 25 in this case).

I took a close look at how many days off I actually have for 2015, and the good news is that I should be able to attend. I already said "yes" on the Facebook page but thought I'd chime in here as well. :)
-A.J. from Michigan

codyg1985

I have updated the location of the lunch for the meet. The lunch will be held at the following address:

Garfield's
300 Old Hwy 78 E
Jasper, AL 35501
Cody Goodman

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: codyg1985 on March 26, 2015, 07:00:52 AM
I have updated the location of the lunch for the meet. The lunch will be held at the following address:

Garfield's
300 Old Hwy 78 E
Jasper, AL 35501

Woo hoo!!!
-A.J. from Michigan

cjk374

Quote from: codyg1985 on December 22, 2014, 07:07:31 PM

Update:: The meet will be held on July 20th, and we will be having lunch at Garfield's in Jasper, AL. Here is the address:

Garfield's
300 Old Hwy 78 E
Jasper, AL 35501

Is it on Tuesday, July 20th or Saturday July 25th?  :hmmm:  :confused:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

codyg1985

Ugh, sorry for the typo. It will be on Saturday, July 25th.
Cody Goodman

cjk374

Good deal...depending on my finances after my wedding in June and a hopeful honeymoon in November, there may be a chance I might make this meet.

jpi

Still up in the air for me, it all depends on if Steph gets time off for our trip out west.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

jdb1234

Any updates?  I'm curious since it is about a month away.

jpi

Still on for July 25, I am officially out since my wife and I will be travelling accross South Dakota to St Cloud, MN as part of our BIG cross country road trip. Have fun guys! :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

codyg1985

Cody Goodman

codyg1985

Here is a DRAFT itinerary for the meet, before I gussy it up with pretty fonts and Street View imagery. If anyone foresees any issues with the itinerary, let me know.

I have also changed the lunch venue to Warehouse 319. Its location is:

221 19th Street West
Jasper, AL 35501

And it is open on Saturdays, despite what Google shows.
Cody Goodman

codyg1985

Cody Goodman

codyg1985

I have updated the itinerary with some corrections and clarifications. The link above still works to get to the latest itinerary. Please make sure you have the latest one. I will bring printed copies to the meet.
Cody Goodman

jdb1234

Looks like I will be able to attend after I take a midweek trip to Atlanta.

cjk374

Here are the pictures I took from the meet Saturday. They're not quite in chronological order. Enjoy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130771900@N08/sets/72157654113616914

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.