News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

520 Bridge Construction Crane Accident

Started by kkt, March 18, 2015, 01:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkt

Quote520 Bridge reopens after crane hits sign
KOMO STAFF
Updated 7:49 am, Wednesday, March 18, 2015

QuoteEight people were injured Tuesday night when a Metro bus and a large freeway sign were hitk by a load being lifted by a crane at the state Route 520 construction project, the Washington State Patrol reports.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/article/Troopers-520-bridge-shut-down-after-crane-hits-6141401.php#photo-7673277

Bruce

Apparently it was caused by a construction crane dropping a steel pipe, which then bounced off of the bus's roof and struck the overhead sign gantry. What a weird chain of events.

KEK Inc.

One of my friends was going to take that bus, but we convinced him to have another beer before he went home.  I was wondering why there were a lot of blue and red lights on the bridge viewing it outside my bedroom window until the next morning when the news broke.

It was a completely useless sign.
Take the road less traveled.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.