News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Major League Baseball 2015

Started by Desert Man, August 11, 2015, 08:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

Quote from: Henry on October 15, 2015, 12:00:04 PM
So now the Mets-Dodgers NLDS still has to be decided tonight, with the winner hosting the Cubs. Because I used to live in L.A., I'll pull for the Dodgers.

Because my parents and all my relatives are from Brooklyn, I will never pull for the Los Angeles National League Franchise.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: 1995hoo on October 16, 2015, 08:58:16 AM
Quote from: Henry on October 15, 2015, 12:00:04 PM
So now the Mets-Dodgers NLDS still has to be decided tonight, with the winner hosting the Cubs. Because I used to live in L.A., I'll pull for the Dodgers.

Because my parents and all my relatives are from Brooklyn, I will never pull for the Los Angeles National League Franchise.

How about the scab team? 

Henry

Well, the NLCS is now set, with Cubs-Mets kicking off in New York. IIRC, this is the first time that teams from New York and Chicago square off in the postseason of any sport since the history-making Bulls defeated the Knicks in the second round of the 1996 NBA playoffs.

Also, it's the first-ever playoff meeting between the Cubs and Mets; I could be wrong, but the White Sox and Yankees have never played against each other during postseason play. And I'm sure it's been a while since the last time the Bears played the Giants, or the Blackhawks played the Rangers.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

ET21

In terms of postseason yes. Blackhawks just played the Rangers last week for the home opener
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Pete from Boston

Giants beat Chicago en route to Super Bowl XXV, 31-3.

Billy F 1988

This may be wishful thinking, but I'm rooting for a Kansas City vs. Chicago World Series. KC's ahead 3-0 in their game against Toronto who knocked out Texas after a wild 57-minute 7th inning top and bottom just a few days ago. I'm rooting for Chicago to take down the Mets in the NLCS, KC to take down the Blue Jays in the ALCS.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Stephane Dumas

If KC win against Toronto and goes against the Cubs, will this series might be called the "battle of 110" due to Route 110 aka CKC highway? ;)

Then a Toronto-Chicago World Series would be cool as well.

Billy F 1988

Well, the Cubbies went kerplut thanks to Joe Maddon and his team underestimating the better pitching and hitting by the Mets. Now it's a matter of who they will meet in the World Series after Game 6 of the Toronto/KC series. I'm still pulling for KC to meet the Mets.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Henry

At this point, it won't matter, because I'll be happy if the AL team beats the Mets in the World Series.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Billy F 1988

Well, don't get your hopes up too high because the Mets have a very good lineup. That's tells you that Edison Valquez and Johnny Cuedo need to step up the offense because in both their outings in the ALCS, they've given up five runs apiece. That's 10 runs combined for Cuedo and Valquez. They must ill afford to give up anymore runs to the Mets.

Billy F 1988

And...that's the World Series. KC wins 7-2, wins the series outright 4-1!

CNGL-Leudimin

After Royals lost the World Series to SF Giants last year by a minimal margin, and after Mets swept away Cubs from the Back to the Future prophecy, I wanted KC to win the World Series, and so did. Congratulations to the team.

Starting next year, I'm becoming a part-time fan of the Cubs (Although with regard to MLB and the other Major leagues as a whole I'll continue to be impartial). I hope that, after more than a century, they finally clinch a third World Series soon. As I said in another thread, I don't believe in the Curse of the Billy Goat, and if such a curse was ever in place it was probably broken when the Alanland thread (Which had a goaty share) was shut down.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

jeffandnicole

Personally, if the Cubs want to win the World Series, they need to encourage the Chicago Bears to hire Andy Reid.

Reid was the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles.  The Phillies went on to win the World Series.
Reid is now the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs.  The Royals went on to win the World Series.

Clearly, a theme is born!

ARMOURERERIC

I wish they would make the play in game a 3 game series.

Henry

Outside Kansas City, I'll bet that Cubs fans are the happiest about the outcome. I know I am!

ModernDayWarrior

Quote from: Henry on November 02, 2015, 12:09:47 PM
Outside Kansas City, I'll bet that Cubs fans are the happiest about the outcome. I know I am!

Some of us Cardinals fans are happy, too. I, personally, was rooting for another I-70 Series at first, and then went with the Royals as "my team" for the rest of the postseason after your Cubs knocked us out.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.