News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Sunrise Highway (NY 27) cross street signage

Started by dgolub, November 14, 2016, 09:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgolub

Yesterday, I discovered that Sunrise Highway (NY 27) now has sane signage so that you can know what the next cross street is before you're on top of it.  That's progress.  Now, if only the North Shore could get some love as well.

Photo on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/golubdr/posts/10101384827316754

mrsman

I wish that every higher speed surface road did something similar.  Any road with a speed limit over 50 MPH is really a surface level "semi-freeway" with occasional traffic lights should have these signs .

AMLNet49

Probably part of a nationwide initiative. Massachusetts has added those to a bunch of roads in the last year or so.

dgolub

Quote from: mrsman on November 27, 2016, 11:40:46 PM
I wish that every higher speed surface road did something similar.  Any road with a speed limit over 50 MPH is really a surface level "semi-freeway" with occasional traffic lights should have these signs .

It doesn't even have to have such a high speed limit.  If it's a four-lane road on which people travel long distances, it should have either these types of signs or oversized street name signs on the traffic lights like they do in NYC.  Otherwise, you have to be practically on top of the intersection before you know whether or not you need to turn.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.