News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Greetings from Huntsville, AL

Started by Jdsizzleslice, July 28, 2017, 10:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdsizzleslice

Hello everyone. I am from Huntsville, AL, and the entire interstate highway system is very intriguing to me. I really enjoy driving on the interstate! Geography in general is always fascinating.

Now if only Huntsville could get a main East-West interstate...  :poke:

freebrickproductions

Welcome from elsewhere in Huntsville! What part of the city are ya in?
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

New:
I-189 clinched
US 7, VT 2A, 11, 15,  17, 73, 103, 116, 125, NH 123 traveled

Alex

Welcome to the board!

I just redocumented both directions of Interstate 565 for the site last month. Wanted to see what changed at the east end since my last visit, and not much had outside of the triple turn lane at the succeeding eastbound signal on US 72.

7/8

Jdsizzleslice

Quote from: freebrickproductions on July 28, 2017, 11:21:36 AM
Welcome from elsewhere in Huntsville! What part of the city are ya in?
I currently live about 3-5 minutes from 565, Close to the Space and Rocket Center.

Quote from: 1 on July 28, 2017, 11:27:42 AM
Welcome from Massachusetts!
I have been to Boston. I don't remember that much because it has been 10 years since I have been (I was 12 when I was last there). However I do remember the cool bus/boat tour of the city!

Quote from: Alex on July 28, 2017, 11:36:27 AM
Welcome to the board!

I just redocumented both directions of Interstate 565 for the site last month. Wanted to see what changed at the east end since my last visit, and not much had outside of the triple turn lane at the succeeding eastbound signal on US 72.
Yeah, not much has changed in the past several years.  :-/

adventurernumber1

Welcome from northwest Georgia, from off of Interstate 75. Huntsville is a place that I've always wanted to go, and it's not too far away from me. The closest I've been to your neck of the woods is the many times I've been on Interstate 59 from I-24 to Birmingham (and that is a beautiful drive).

I also highly support something along the lines of I-28 (an east-west interstate through Huntsville), but I wish the numbering wouldn't have to be so irregular.

Well, see ya around!  :nod:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

noelbotevera

I'm up from the Union and that 34 (or is it 36?) star flag that we proudly wave. Anyways, welcome from the Keystone State.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

JJBers

Welcome from NE Connecticut, it's boring
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

Jdsizzleslice

Quote from: JJBers on July 30, 2017, 11:15:56 PM
Hey! I have actually been to Hartford and New Haven. Got to tour ESPN while I was there. Pretty nice cities if you ask me!

And yeah, there are parts in Alabama as well that have a stop sign, and a gas station, and that's it. lol  :spin:

JJBers

Quote from: Jdsizzleslice on July 31, 2017, 10:01:34 AM
Quote from: JJBers on July 30, 2017, 11:15:56 PM
Hey! I have actually been to Hartford and New Haven. Got to tour ESPN while I was there. Pretty nice cities if you ask me!

And yeah, there are parts in Alabama as well that have a stop sign, and a gas station, and that's it. lol  :spin:
Hampton only has a stop sign...
*for Connecticut
Clinched Stats,
Flickr,
(2di:I-24, I-76, I-80, I-84, I-95 [ME-GA], I-91)

formulanone

I wonder if we're the most disproportionately over-represented city area on these boards. There's at least five of us from the HSV area now.

Jdsizzleslice

Quote from: formulanone on July 31, 2017, 04:52:54 PM
I wonder if we're the most disproportionately over-represented city area on these boards. There's at least five of us from the HSV area now.
Probably because it is a save space to complain about ALDOT lol  :)

freebrickproductions

That's actually an interesting question... What is the city with the most members from it on this forum, and also, what is the city that has the smallest "population :: AAroad members from there" ratio...
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

adventurernumber1

Quote from: freebrickproductions on August 01, 2017, 02:33:25 AM
That's actually an interesting question... What is the city with the most members from it on this forum, and also, what is the city that has the smallest "population :: AAroad members from there" ratio...

Not sure if it would be at all possible, but that would be an interesting project for sure, map the population of AARoads Forum. Another idea could be which highway shields are used the most and the least as profile avatars.  :hmmm:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

cjk374

My wife has a sister who lives in Huntsville. Very nice town. I get there 2-3 times a year.

I know I am the only member of the forum who lives in my town. So my ratio is 1:841.  :pan:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

codyg1985

Welcome! I am also in the Huntsville area. I live about 13 miles northeast of town in New Market.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.