News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NE 11 Wood River West bypass

Started by yakra, November 13, 2012, 11:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakra

There's a new NE 11 bypass of Wood River, which I believe opened in early October. It's shown in Google, and I added it to OSM all quick-n-dirty-like.

What I'm wondering it, has the old segment of NE11 north become a State Connecting Link, an L40X?

Have any of you roadgeeks handy to the area been (or are you planning to go) out there to take a gander?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

agentsteel53

I've never noticed an L40x sign.  where does one find it?  I'm assuming it is not signed for the general public, but is as some kind of maintenance/inventory sign similar to Vermont or New York.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

yakra

State links and spurs are often (usually? always?) signed.
Here's one for L40C nearby.  L28B is a full freeway, West Dodge between US6 & US275.
L/S stands for Link or Spur, which you see in the sign. The number indicates what county it's located in, and the letter at the end functions as the "number", to differentiate the links/spurs in a county.

I called this one L40X to let 'X' stand in for an unknown letter. I'm not sure what it would be designated, if it even is.

L40C and S40D are in use now. There used to be an S40A & S40B, and there is/was a Recreation Road 40E.
I don't know how NDOR is about reusing old designations, or if there's been much precedent for it. If it becomes a Link, it could be L40A, B, (E?), F, or something...
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

agentsteel53

okay, I'm an idiot.  I had parsed the title as "ME 11", aka Maine.  the fact that yakra (whose home base is Maine IIRC) posted the topic just deepened the misunderstanding.

I have definitely seen Link roads signed in Nebraska.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

yakra

HA! That quote is gonna be everywhere next time you run for public office!

Ayuh, my home base is in Area code 207.
I maintain Nebraska on Clinched Highway Mapping (I spent a couple weeks in Omaha in 2006 :P), and am trying to pin down what I want to label some of the points on NE11 and US30.
NDOR's city & county maps and the route log book have not been updated yet.

bugo

Quote from: agentsteel53 on November 14, 2012, 01:44:52 PM
okay, I'm an idiot.  I had parsed the title as "ME 11", aka Maine.  the fact that yakra (whose home base is Maine IIRC) posted the topic just deepened the misunderstanding.

I have definitely seen Link roads signed in Nebraska.

I clinched a Nebraska link highway (NE Link L6A) by foot.  It's about 150 feet long.

DandyDan

Presuming NDOR built a viaduct over US 30 and the UP railroad (which all of those towns have west of GI, but the map doesn't show that), I'd have to assume it is a link, although whether it's signed as such, I have no idea.  And it would be an L-40x, since 40 refers to Hall County, although what x is, I don't know.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

DandyDan

Can update this to say that the segment of old NE 11 north of US 30 that connects to the new NE 11 is L40G.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.