News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Blue Cut Fire Damage Photos

Started by sdmichael, September 12, 2016, 07:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdmichael

I recently went up to the Cajon Pass area to survey the damage to the highways in the area. I posted photos on my site. http://socalregion.com/blue-cut-fire-damage-highways/

Max Rockatansky

sdmichael

Summit Inn was already covered in the news and there wasn't much to see when I passed it on a previous trip through. The main structure was destroyed with the former gas station partly damaged. The Summit Inn sign remained intact.

MarkF

I drove past the Summit Inn on I-15 on 8/21, around a week after the fire. Here's a still from a video I took of my travels that day:

Thanks for the Cajon Blvd photos.

Max Rockatansky

Well at least something is still there.  Looks like the only place that had any fire damage was the Inn.  I'll have to stop in and check it out for myself if I get the opportunity.

jrouse

Slightly OT:  I assume the fire did no damage to the Hoover Dam power lines serving Los Angeles?

iPhone

sdmichael

Quote from: jrouse on September 13, 2016, 02:31:10 PM
Slightly OT:  I assume the fire did no damage to the Hoover Dam power lines serving Los Angeles?

iPhone

Numerous utility crews were out in the area repairing lines. Most of the lines that were being worked on were more local, possibly from Lugo Sub, but not the majors. I have not heard in any of the sources I have used that the major lines were affected negatively. So, not really off topic. The fire, while bad for some, wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be for the area. It wasn't total devastation and many areas came through quite well. I was surprised how well Keenbrook made it. The Summit Inn, however, was rather sad and frustrating at the same time. The fire didn't really burn past the Inn, it stopped (or was stopped) there.

hm insulators

Very sad about the old Summit Inn.

Thank you for all the pictures.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.