News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

States you've visited as an adult (2015 edition)

Started by ZLoth, April 03, 2015, 10:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I lived in NJ (from a child) and FL.

I visited PA, NY, and DE because they are neighbors of small state New Jersey.

MD, WV, OH, IN, IL, IA, WI, MI, SD, WY, CO, UT, NM, AZ, NV, CA, TX, AR, OK, KS, NE, MO, LA, MS, AL, GA, SC, TN, NC, VA, MD, CT, MA, VT, NH, KY
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

pianocello

As an adult? I turned 18 in NC, and since then I've traveled to IA, MI, and IN, and passed through TN, KY, and IL.

If I add all the places I've been before I turned 18, the list is quite a bit longer. I've hit WI, MO, OK, TX, MS, LA, OH, PA, WV, GA, FL, MD, and DC.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

JKRhodes

As an adult, I've lived in Arizona and New Mexico. Visited California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado and Texas(missed Oklahoma by about 20 miles)... I'd like to see all 50, but the ones I'd really like to visit in the foreseeable future are colored in gold.

robbones

Between the military and truck driving I've been to 43 of 50 states

golden eagle

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California (lived)
Florida
Georgia (lived)
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Mississippi
Missouri
Nevada
New Mexico
Ohio
South Carolina
Texas
Wisconsin

allniter89

Since I turned 18 (waay back in 1971 :-D) I've visited 48 states  :clap:(missing AK & HI). I was an AF brat & drove a truck 20 yrs so I've been around.                                                               

Since 18 I've lived & worked in 3. DE, NV, FL.

Prior to 18 I lived in MA (birthplace), MI, SC, Guam, OH, AK, DE, NC & IL.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Mapmikey

States lived in as an adult: SC and VA
States + DC visited as an adult: 45 - all but AK, HI, MI (never been); CA, NV, OK (were in these at age 14)
I've been to nearly all of the 45 multiple times as an adult and have been to all of them by car since 2010 except RI (2005) and SD (2000)

Canadian provinces as an adult - BC, AB, SK, ON, PQ
Countries - US, CA, UK (England and Scotland)

2015 travel plans will not add to any of these.  Outside chance 2016 will get me Germany and Norway.  Fair chance I finally get to Michigan.

Mapmikey

robbones

Get to cross one more state off of my not visited list. Vermont. Gotta deliver there tomorrow.

hbelkins

The only state that I have visited when I was not an adult is Florida. I was there twice as a youngster (once on a family vacation, once on a high school band trip). Every other state I've been in (43 total out of 50) I have visited as an adult.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Takumi

Only visited MD and NC, and passed through DC, in 11 years as an adult.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

PHLBOS

Since the age of 18 & not counting airport connections:

MA
RI
NH
ME
CT
NY
NJ
PA
DE
MD
VA
TX
FL
OR
WA
OH
MI
WV
TN
GPS does NOT equal GOD

formulanone

42, 40 excluding airport-only visits (Utah), and a ten-minute nighttime visit to Wyoming. Lived in FL and AL.

3 Canadian provinces: AB, BC, and ON (airport only). Plus two additional countries.

I lose Delaware, which I'd last visited in 1982; not sure when I'll find myself there again. Travel plans do change frequently...

riiga

In 2011 I visited the US, namely New Jersey and New York. I've also visited these states previously at 17 along with Pennsylvania.

bugo

I have been to every state I've ever been in since I became an adult. I went to New Mexico and Colorado when I was 16 or 17 but I drove part of the way and I was close enough in age to an adult.

bugo

leroys73

I have been to and driven in all except Alaska which I will do this summer.  I have also road tripped to all provinces except Newfoundland and the 3 territories.   

This summer I will be riding my made in Marysville, Ohio 2007 Honda VTX 1300R motorcycle with Alaska making 49 states and at least 8 provinces/territories I have ridden it to. 

The reason for the at least is I may go to Newfoundland early in the summer and Alaska later in the summer.  Therefore, it will add 4 more provinces to its record before Alaska.

I have been to HI but unfortunately my motorcycle will not make it there, unless someone pays to ship it. 
'73 Vette, '72 Monte Carlo, ;11 Green with Envy Challenger R/T,Ram, RoyalStarVenture S,USA Honda VTX1300R ridden 49states &11provinces,Driven cars in50 states+DC&21countries,OverseasBrats;IronButt:MileEatersilver,SS1000Gold,SS3000,3xSS2000,18xSS1000, 3TX1000,6BB1500,NPT,LakeSuperiorCircleTour

signalman

As an adult I've visited (most numerous times) the following:

PA, OH, IN, IL, TN, GA, FL, LA, NC, SC, VA, MD, DE, WV, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME, NV, AZ

If you add my childhood, I've been to MI, IA, NE, WY, MT, and SD as well.

JMoses24

As an adult: OH, KY, IN, IL, MO, CA, FL, NC, SC, GA, NY, NJ, MA, CT, RI, PA, WV and VA as far as states. I have also visited 3 other countries: Mexico, Grand Cayman and the Bahamas.

I lose MD and DC as these were in 2002 when I was 16. I also lose the Canadian province of Ontario for the same reason.

I will be heading back to Massachusetts in 2015 for sure. Other travel plans are unlikely.

Buck87

I had 48 states under my belt by the time I turned 15.

Though when it comes to the topic's question of ones I've been to since turning 18, it's this:

roadman

25 states

MA (home state since birth)
NH, ME, VT,NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, VA, WV, NC, SC, TN, CA, TX, MT, WY, SD, MN, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Pete from Boston

Quote from: KG909 on April 04, 2015, 12:13:57 PM
Not an adult YET, but in my 18th birthday I'm going to do a road trip with friends. In order we're going to Arizona (first time as an adult), New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee. Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland,  Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona. Then it ends in CA.

Sounds like one hell of a day.

cpzilliacus

Lived in Maryland.

Visited (all as an adult):

Maine
New Hampshire
Vermont
Massachusetts
Rhode Island
Connecticut
New York
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Delaware
Virginia
West Virginia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida

Tennessee
Kentucky

Ohio
Michigan
Indiana
Illinois
Minnesota
Missouri
Kansas
Colorado
Utah
Nevada
California
Oregon
Texas

And the District of Columbia.

Canadian provinces:

Ontario
Quebec
New Brunswick
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

The High Plains Traveler

Lived in California, New Mexico, Minnesota, Colorado.

Visited all states except Alaska. My "visit" to Delaware is a little weak, having ridden through on a bus. I've driven in all the others.
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.