News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Worst cities for spring allergies

Started by golden eagle, April 10, 2015, 05:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden eagle

If you're an allergy sufferer, you wanna pay attention to this. The Asthma and Allergy Foundation released its list of the worst cities for spring allergy sufferers. It's a slideshow, so I'll post the top ten (source):

10. Richmond, VA
9. Providence, RI
8. Dayton, OH
7. Wichita, KS
6. McAllen, TX
5. Knoxville, TN
4. Memphis, TN
3. Oklahoma City, OK
2. Louisville, KY
1. Jackson, MS

Thank God I don't suffer from spring allergies because I don't think I could survive being in the worst city.

hotdogPi

Jackson, MS made #1. Clinton, MS (a suburb, but still a city) is not on the list. Are things really that different just 10 miles away?
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

golden eagle

Quote from: 1 on April 10, 2015, 06:38:28 PM
Jackson, MS made #1. Clinton, MS (a suburb, but still a city) is not on the list. Are things really that different just 10 miles away?

They count the entire metro, not just the city itself.

vdeane

I was surprised by how close Rochester and Albany rank.  I definitely notice the difference.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

roadman65

In 2009 Orlando, Florida was bad.  It had a bad effect on my breathing.

I noticed the big difference when I visited New Jersey that particular Spring when I did not feel the effects that I was experiencing at home once I was there.

However, to comment on your list its no surprise that Wichita made the list being in the middle of wheat country.  Richmond though is surprising as its surroundings would not be as vast farmland as the rest of them.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.