News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Texas Lotto Commercial uses I-4 sign

Started by Brian556, April 11, 2015, 07:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

There is a commercial for the Texas Lottery, which talks about ways to pick your numbers. Once suggestion is to use signs, then is shows a graphic with an I-4 sign. I guess they want us to go to Florida and get our numbers off their signs. Works for me, I'm goin' there anyway.

I guess this commercial was made by a company from Florida.

tidecat

Perhaps lottery funds are paying for upgrades to TX 285 and TX 359 to interstate status?
Clinched: I-264 (KY), I-265 (KY), I-359 (AL), I-459 (AL), I-865 (IN)

GaryV

Well after you win the lottery, you're "going to Disney World", right?

:rolleyes:

SP Cook

State lottery commissions have to be careful about stuff like that.  Because they are an agency of government and because they, by definition, serve (if that is the right word) one state only, minor gaffes like that are the natural fodder for the chattering class.

WV had the same deal about a decade ago.  During the ad various deals (price on a cash register, time of an appointment, time on a clock, etc) all say 629.  Finally a little old lady in a convertible its a US route 629 sign, and the top screw come out so it rotates to read 659 and that is her number. (I might be mis-remembering the numbers, but you get the point).   Old folks complained about making fund of the old lady's driving.  Road geeks pointed out that there is no  US 629 and that the sign was on a wooden post and was a California style cut out.  Nativists pointed out that the scene took place in what looked like the a western desert and obviously not in WV.   Anti gamblers railed about old people on "fixed incomes" gambling.  Blah, blah, blah. 

txstateends

I've seen the ad.  The voiceover guy refers to it as "highway 4" (not I-4), so I don't know if the TX Lotto folks think any highway shield can be used for any highway, or if they even care.  If they wanted to be more authentic, I guess they could have used I-2, since that is now in Texas, but would the guy win at Pick 3 with that number?  ;-)
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.