News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Adobe flash player help

Started by stormwatch7721, April 15, 2015, 02:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormwatch7721

I just accidentally removed adobe flash player. Is there anyway I can get it back? I can't seem to re-install it.

NE2

Did you reboot before reinstallation?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

stormwatch7721

stormwatch7721

UGH!!! Is there anyone else that can help me?

Brandon

Quote from: stormwatch7721 on April 15, 2015, 02:12:54 PM
I just accidentally removed adobe flash player. Is there anyway I can get it back? I can't seem to re-install it.

Go to Adobe's website and download it?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

SidS1045

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow

stormwatch7721

I have Flash player finally installed but it's not working.

jakeroot

Quote from: stormwatch7721 on April 15, 2015, 10:13:06 PM
I have Flash player finally installed but it's not working.

If it's not working it probably wasn't installed properly. Uninstall again ... restart. Go to a page that uses Flash (hard to find these days) and click on the "You don't have adobe flash player, click here to download the latest version" link. Install the item from that page*, restart, and test. If it still doesn't work, try using a different browser.

*Most likely the same item that Sid suggests downloading, but I trust no one.

stormwatch7721

I'm stuck with chrome now since IE refuses to detect the flash.

jakeroot

Quote from: stormwatch7721 on April 15, 2015, 11:07:06 PM
I'm stuck with chrome now since IE refuses to detect the flash.

There's worst things to be stuck with, trust me.

hbelkins

Quote from: jakeroot on April 15, 2015, 10:26:50 PMGo to a page that uses Flash (hard to find these days)

Are you kidding? I'd say at least 50 percent of the sites I visit, and probably closer to 75 percent if not more, use Flash. But I've found that it bogs my computer down tremendously, so I disabled Flash auto-play in Chrome and activate Flash plug-ins manually by clicking on them if I need to view something in Flash.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jakeroot

Quote from: hbelkins on April 17, 2015, 12:45:00 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on April 15, 2015, 10:26:50 PMGo to a page that uses Flash (hard to find these days)

Are you kidding? I'd say at least 50 percent of the sites I visit, and probably closer to 75 percent if not more, use Flash. But I've found that it bogs my computer down tremendously, so I disabled Flash auto-play in Chrome and activate Flash plug-ins manually by clicking on them if I need to view something in Flash.

Maybe the sites you visit. I'm 19 so I spend 50% of my time here, 25% on YouTube and 25% on my online school site. None of them use Flash (YouTube is HTML5 now).

hbelkins

I read a lot of news sites (local and national). They use a lot of Flash. Lot of them for ads, however, so I'm not missing anything by not automatically seeing them.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jakeroot

Quote from: hbelkins on April 17, 2015, 04:44:14 PM
I read a lot of news sites (local and national). They use a lot of Flash. Lot of them for ads, however, so I'm not missing anything by not automatically seeing them.

Well, and I...uh, turn off ads so I wouldn't know. :)

stormwatch7721

I tested a flash site and it all shows white although I have the flash installed and it keeps asking me to do the add-on. :angry:

hotdogPi

Without Adobe Flash Player, Google Street View is impossible.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

vdeane

Quote from: hbelkins on April 17, 2015, 04:44:14 PM
Given the prevalence of auto-play videos on those sites, I've been tempted to set Flash for click to play everywhere, as I already do for Facebook (for the same reason).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jakeroot

Quote from: 1 on April 17, 2015, 08:55:49 PM
Without Adobe Flash Player, Google Street View is impossible.

That explains a great many things.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.