News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

WSDOT's Goat Weed Control Team

Started by Grzrd, May 07, 2015, 12:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

Quote from: NE2 on November 20, 2012, 08:05:51 PM
... would I-3 ... destroy any goat habitat?
(above quote from Interstate 3 from Los Angeles to Eureka thread)

This article reports on WSDOT's use of a goat weed control team; however, it should be immediately noted that the goat herder's name is Heidi, not ..... well, you know ......

hotdogPi

Quote from: Grzrd on May 07, 2015, 12:20:37 PM

This article reports on WSDOT's use of a goat weed control team; however, it should be immediately noted that the goat herder's name is Heidi, not ..... well, you know ......

I don't know what the goat herder's name is "supposed" to be. I'm missing the reference.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

jakeroot

formulanone

Quote from: Grzrd on May 07, 2015, 12:20:37 PM

...an obscure Lower Wacker from Fractional Parliament?

hbelkins

Quote from: 1 on May 07, 2015, 02:23:51 PM
I don't know what the goat herder's name is "supposed" to be. I'm missing the reference.

Alas
Long
Abandoned
Name

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

cpzilliacus

Goats are also getting used around Maryland to eat-up invasive plants, though I do not think anyone named Alan is involved.  From what I have read, they happily eat poison ivy, multiflora rose, kudzu and other undesirable vegetation without complaint - as long as they can reach it.

Baltimore Sun: Goats brought in to attack invasive plants at Bel Air's Rockfield Park

Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Pete from Boston

They are used in Fort Wadsworth in New York's Gateway National Recreation area in part because they are not affected by poison ivy.  However, because of their contact with and secretion of the poison ivy toxins, you can't touch them.

triplemultiplex

I hear goats are good at keeping kudzu in check.  That stuff is smothering the Southeastern US.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

hbelkins

I need some goats to mow my yard. I don't have a working lawn mower right now and the times I've mowed it, I've bush-hogged it with the big tractor.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.