News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Do I have a clone?

Started by hotdogPi, April 22, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

Roadgeekteen seems to be a duplicate of me. He has posted 50 times today, often from threads that have not been active since 2009. In my first few days to weeks, I also posted a lot (although not 50 in one day), often from inactive threads. He is also from Massachusetts, and he is 18 like I am (which was visible until he removed it from his profile).
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

MNHighwayMan

IDK but his posting frequency is slightly obnoxious, never mind the necroposting in old threads...

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 22, 2017, 09:46:04 PM
IDK but his posting frequency is slightly obnoxious, never mind the necroposting in old threads...

I more or less just told him that with the US 200 thread after he picked out something I said a long time ago to comment on.  I'm all good on bringing back some old threads if there is something of substance to add, but 50 something posts on old threads is a little out of control. 

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 22, 2017, 09:54:35 PM
I more or less just told him that with the US 200 thread after he picked out something I said a long time ago to comment on.  I'm all good on bringing back some old threads if there is something of substance to add, but 50 something posts on old threads is a little out of control.

Precisely.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

He'll get his footing! We all started somewhere within our first forums!
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 22, 2017, 10:27:35 PM
We'll cut a little slack for almost anyone, until they become obnoxious twits
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on April 22, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Indeed

noelbotevera

Ditto. I started as an (emphasis needed) asshole during my early days. Eventually I stopped being a fool, undertook therapy on the art of conversation, and with the development from my 12th birthday (now I'm 13), I learned that 8 posts a day is extremely stupid.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: noelbotevera on April 23, 2017, 12:46:55 AM
Ditto. I started as an (emphasis needed) asshole during my early days. Eventually I stopped being a fool, undertook therapy on the art of conversation, and with the development from my 12th birthday (now I'm 13), I learned that 8 posts a day is extremely stupid.

Damn son! I don't even do that! I am at most 3-4, but not 8! Never 8!

I post seldom a lot of the times to avoid making a fool out of myself on a topic I know little about, so I just read mostly.

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 23, 2017, 01:31:22 AM

I post seldom a lot of the times to avoid making a fool out of myself on a topic I know little about, so I just read mostly.

That is probably wise

noelbotevera

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 23, 2017, 01:31:22 AM
Quote from: noelbotevera on April 23, 2017, 12:46:55 AM

Damn son! I don't even do that! I am at most 3-4, but not 8! Never 8!

I do the same. Unless it's a topic I know, or if it relates to a road trip, I'll probably post. Of course, I have a lot of junk posts on stuff I don't know about and I have to work on deleting them.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

I do the same. Unless it's a topic I know, or if it relates to a road trip, I'll probably post. Of course, I have a lot of junk posts on stuff I don't know about and I have to work on deleting them.
[/quote]

That moment when you break out of prison and you want to start a new life, but you still have a criminal record.

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 23, 2017, 11:29:26 AM

That moment when you break out of prison and you want to start a new life, but you still have a criminal record.
[/quote]

Facebook is forever :(

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on April 23, 2017, 11:38:44 AM

[/quote]

Yeah, sadly...

Max Rockatansky

[/quote]

Give 7-10 years and the criminal stuff will fall off a standard background check.  :rolleyes:  Just delete the Facebook, nobody ever posts anything of substance there anyways.

US71

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 23, 2017, 12:16:20 PM

Give 7-10 years and the criminal stuff will fall off a standard background check.  :rolleyes:  Just delete the Facebook, nobody ever posts anything of substance there anyways.
[/quote]

Which explains the lack of road enthusiast groups there  </sarcasm>

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: 1 on April 22, 2017, 09:42:48 PM
Roadgeekteen seems to be a duplicate of me. He has posted 50 times today, often from threads that have not been active since 2009. In my first few days to weeks, I also posted a lot (although not 50 in one day), often from inactive threads. He is also from Massachusetts, and he is 18 like I am (which was visible until he removed it from his profile).
I am 13, not 18. I might be similar to you, but not a clone. I am also from a different part of Massachusetts.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

vdeane

I'm sure the posting frequency will go down over time when the archive trawl is done and he's just looking at new posts.  Given his age, I'd say that it's virtually guaranteed that it goes down tomorrow because of this thing called "school".
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: vdeane on April 23, 2017, 06:36:06 PM
I'm sure the posting frequency will go down over time when the archive trawl is done and he's just looking at new posts.  Given his age, I'd say that it's virtually guaranteed that it goes down tomorrow because of this thing called "school".

Ah, yes! The classic social life disaster for most, School! Where you are encumbered by the weight of anything paper and something due tomorrow; Oh! I did I mention tests?

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 23, 2017, 06:49:43 PM

Ah, yes! The classic social life disaster for most, School! Where you are encumbered by the weight of anything paper and something due tomorrow; Oh! I did I mention tests?
I can post in school. My school uses iPads :bigass:.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

US71

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 23, 2017, 08:18:06 PM

School first,  unless you'd like to be a burger flipper. :spin:

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on April 23, 2017, 08:40:16 PM

Great classic advise US 71! You should become an inspirational speaker! Hehe  :clap: :D :awesomeface:

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 23, 2017, 12:16:20 PM

Except when newspapers post incorrect facts. 10 years later, that incorrect info they posted will still be connected to you!

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on April 23, 2017, 08:50:43 PM
Quote from: US71 on April 23, 2017, 08:40:16 PM

Great classic advice US 71! You should become an inspirational speaker! Hehe  :clap: :D :awesomeface:

99 percent of what they say is the same, it's just presented differently.

ColossalBlocks

Quote from: US71 on April 22, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

50+ posts a day seems a tad bit obnoxious.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.