News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Favorite YouTube channel about roads?

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 05, 2017, 09:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

What is a good channel for roadgeeks?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Max Rockatansky

Some I have on my subscription list:

ArizonaDOT:  ADOT's Youtube Channel, they have some nice time lapse videos of current projects.
AsphaltPlanet1:  One of the members on here, he does time lapse videos of freeways and notable roads pretty much all over country.
azdesertdog:  Arizona motor-vlog channel which covers a lot of back country roads and a lot of transportation/mining history.
InterstateKyle:  A lot like AsphaltPlanet1, he's done a lot of crazy roads like Ebbetts Pass on CA 4.
Roamin' Rich:  Basically he covers historic US 66 alignments and historic sites.

SignGeek101

There are quite a few channels to choose from. I mostly watch videos from Canada, so these are my favourite channels:

Freeway Franks - Mostly Quebec Videos, some Ontario, US (Maine mostly)
Freeway Tim - Quebec, Atlantic Canada
Trans Canada Phil - BC, AB, SK, MB, some Ontario and a bit of Quebec - The best music and music transition (he is apparently a DJ)
AsphaltPlanet1 - Mostly Ontario and Quebec, some US (see above). Has the best signs out of the group here, but his camera is a bit shaky sometimes.

I also watch FreewayBrent occasionally - I think he moved to Australia now (lots of vids there too) but he has many roads from the all over the US, with an emphasis on California. His signs are also exceptional no matter the jurisdiction.

jp the roadgeek

Freeway Tim's South of the Border cousin: FreewayJim.  Great dashcam shots of the interstates.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

I-90

Comeing from a chicagoan
1. Freeway Jim
2. Interstate Kyle
3. solarcatcher
4. Freeway titan (gone)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.