News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Le Flore County weirdness (ping US 71, bugo)

Started by Scott5114, February 05, 2010, 03:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

So I'm working on the article for OK-112 on Wikipedia... Both OK roadgeek sites show SH-112 ending at the Arkansas state line, where it becomes a non-state highway. Kind of a weird situation, but no biggie; it's not the only OK state highway that does that. So as I normally do, I made a cursory glance at the ODOT control section map, which I regard as the definitive reference for the state highway system. Instead, it shows SH-112 ending in Arkoma at SH-9A! SH-9A is shown connecting to the state line along the section signed as "SH-112".

Looks like the most recent pictures on the web are from 2004, though. Could one of you guys go check the situation out? (David, don't you live in Ft Smith?) I'd be interested to see if the signage has been updated since the cleaver was introduced. Also, I'd like to know what the ref markers along the disputed section say, "32" for 9A, or "61" for 112.

Only in Oklahoma!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bugo

As far as I can remember, it's OK 112.  It's been a year or two since I've been that way.  Google Street View concurs.

Note that same map shows US 59 Bypass as route 00.

US71

Yes, OK 112 ends at the AR Line (at State Line Road) and becomes Y Street in Ft Smith. Once, it may have been 9A, but it's 112 now... I was just on it last week. That's only a couple miles from me, so I'll try to have a look around... gives me an excuse to out this afternoon ;)

Now, you DO know 9A was once US 271 ?  Y Street / OK 9A was the second alignment ;)

This photo is from 2006, but I'll get a fresh one for you

This is 2007, right after 271 was widened

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

Was OK 112 or 9A ever signed from either US 71B or AR 255?  It would make sense for there to be a "TO OK 112" sign on AR 255.

US71

Not to my knowledge, though there is a trailblazer of sorts at 9A and 112 to 255

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.