News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-265 Ohio River Bridge

Started by mgk920, March 06, 2012, 11:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenLanternCorps

It's a bridge!!!  Well, sort of.  The center piece has been installed as of yesterday at about noon.

No pavement yet, so it would be a tricky walk.  But it is across the river.

https://oxblue.com/pro/load_jpg/20160830/073300/5820acc0d29ea05ec369a08ae5de2141/2dbfdc007e11f4137322f3c491f59d5c/0.jpg

GreenLanternCorps

thefro

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eastendcrossing/sets/72157673871796175

The developers posted an album with aerial views of the entire project as of Sept 6th 2016

Red Roads

Both posts above: "Session expired for security reasons."

Buck87

^ I'm seeing that for the oxblue link posted by Greenlantern, but the flickr post by thefro is coming through just fine. Nice pics.

GreenLanternCorps

Quote from: Red Roads on September 15, 2016, 11:43:21 PM
Both posts above: "Session expired for security reasons."

Sorry,  I opened the image as a web page and posted them without realizing that they time out.

Here is the live camera feed on the website:

http://eastendcrossing.com/project-overview/live-camera-feed/

thefro

silverback1065

why are they keeping that us 42 interchange like that?  wouldn't having a ramp on either side be better? no bridge necessary

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: silverback1065 on October 14, 2016, 06:44:51 PM
why are they keeping that us 42 interchange like that?  wouldn't having a ramp on either side be better? no bridge necessary

I'm guessing it has something to do with minimizing land acquisition or restricting it to certain areas.  What I'm not seeing is a way to get on 265 northbound at that interchange. 

I do intend to drive the new road/bridge both ways the day it opens. 
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

hbelkins

Quote from: cabiness42 on October 16, 2016, 08:39:19 AM
Quote from: silverback1065 on October 14, 2016, 06:44:51 PM

I'm guessing it has something to do with minimizing land acquisition or restricting it to certain areas.  What I'm not seeing is a way to get on 265 northbound at that interchange. 

I do intend to drive the new road/bridge both ways the day it opens.

Since the tunnel appears to start right there at the US 42 intersection, I'd blame River Fields.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

GreenLanternCorps

Revive 755

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on October 23, 2016, 01:31:05 AM
Wait, Indiana State Road 265?? Where is Interstate 265??

Yes, shouldn't it be IN 841?  :bigass:

Most likely, Indiana and Kentucky have not gone for or gotten approval from FHWA and AAHSTO to make the corridor part of I-265.

jpi

I am sure it will be "promoted" not long after the whole highway and bridge opens, hopefully it won't take as long as TN 840 did (cough, 4 years, cough!!)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

silverback1065

what a waste of SR 265 shields

NWI_Irish96

Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

AsphaltPlanet

^ It was not open when I took these photos.  I drove up Old Salem Road and parked at the barrier and then took the photos on foot.  It was a Sunday, so there was no activity at this part of the construction site.  There was however a fair amount of activity at the east end bridge itself, even on a Sunday.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

mvak36

Me no likey the Clearview signs on the IN side, but I would guess those signs will change once it becomes I-265. I'm surprised they haven't requested AASHTO and FHWA for the designation. Maybe they'll do it as part of this year's Fall Meeting?
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

seicer

The shield will change; the sign will not. Clearview is still approved on an interim basis.

mvak36

Quote from: Sherman Cahal on October 25, 2016, 01:43:30 PM
The shield will change; the sign will not. Clearview is still approved on an interim basis.

I didn't think it would. I was just secretly hoping it would

I didn't know that Indiana used Clearview. When I went to Louisville back in March or when I went through Indy a couple of years ago, I don't remember seeing any Clearview signs.

hbelkins

Quote from: mvak36 on October 25, 2016, 02:49:31 PM

I didn't know that Indiana used Clearview. When I went to Louisville back in March or when I went through Indy a couple of years ago, I don't remember seeing any Clearview signs.

Kentucky handled the downtown bridge, Indiana handled the East End Bridge. I just wonder, however, if Kentucky didn't already have plans drawn up and Indiana perhaps used them.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

mvak36

Quote from: hbelkins on October 25, 2016, 02:59:39 PM
Quote from: mvak36 on October 25, 2016, 02:49:31 PM

Kentucky handled the downtown bridge, Indiana handled the East End Bridge. I just wonder, however, if Kentucky didn't already have plans drawn up and Indiana perhaps used them.

Fair enough. Do you by any chance know if KY applied to AASHTO for I-265 designation for the new section? I figured I'd ask you since it says you're a DOT employee.

seicer

I can't imagine it going something like:

I-265 > IN 265 > KY 841 > I-265 > KY 841

TheStranger

Quote from: jpi on October 23, 2016, 02:23:39 PM
I am sure it will be "promoted" not long after the whole highway and bridge opens, hopefully it won't take as long as TN 840 did (cough, 4 years, cough!!)

Hey, it's taken a lot less time than California's Route 15, Route 210, and Route 905!!!  :-D

What's the projected opening date?  I'm planning to go to Louisville in early December and would love to drive across the new crossing if it's in use.
Chris Sampang

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.