News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Historic US 80 Has Arrived in Arizona

Started by 707, June 16, 2019, 11:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Its official now. Historic US 80 is very much real. ADOT really did a great job with the signage so far. They match the specifications exactly. Here's the first look for you all here at AARoads.

VS988

mrsman

These are wonderful. 

Are they well signed to provide geographic continuity?  What I mean by that is can one drive from state line to state line and follow the routing of old US 80 clearly by following these signs alone?  (I would imagine certain sections would be superseded by I-8 and I-10 and would need clear directions to go back and forth to follow the routing.

The plan is to sign it all conclusively save for the Interstates, so yes. When the project is finished, it should be possible to use signs to get to California.

VS988

KeithE4Phx

Quote from: 707 on June 16, 2019, 03:17:09 PM
The plan is to sign it all conclusively save for the Interstates, so yes. When the project is finished, it should be possible to use signs to get to California.

VS988

Does that include portions of the old route no longer under ADOT control?  I'm specifically asking about the sections in Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, and Apache Junction (the segments in unincorporated east Mesa, east of Power Rd. are still under ADOT control, as unsigned US 60X).
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

Quote from: KeithE4Phx on June 16, 2019, 03:41:42 PM
Quote from: 707 on June 16, 2019, 03:17:09 PM

VS988

Does that include portions of the old route no longer under ADOT control?  I'm specifically asking about the sections in Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, and Apache Junction (the segments in unincorporated east Mesa, east of Power Rd. are still under ADOT control, as unsigned US 60X).
Yes. It does include those.

VS988

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.