What is the newest signed route designation in your state/province/prefecture?

Started by kurumi, September 16, 2016, 01:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevalDragon

cpzilliacus

In Maryland there are several few possibilities, all from the State Highway Administration's 2015 Highway Location Reference, though these are not signed as far as I have been able to determine.

Anne Arundel County:

Md. 995-A, formerly the easternmost 1/3 of a mile of I-195 entering BWI Airport.

Garrett County:

Md. 948-D, Lower New Germany Road.  Transferred from county  to state maintenance.

Harford County:

Md. 740-B, S. Philadelphia Boulevard — Newly assigned route; service road created parallel  to U.S. 40.

Montgomery County:

All of these were transferred from county maintenance to state maintenance as part of the proposed Purple Line light rail project.

Md. 594-A, Wayne Avenue/E. Wayne Avenue — formerly county-maintained (as are the ones below);
Md. 594-B, Bonifant Street (west);
Md. 594-C, Bonifant Street (east); and
Md. 594-D, Arliss Street
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

froggie

Better question for Maryland would be either A) which is the newest signed route, or B) which is the newest non-suffixed route.  I'd suspect it's MD 200 in both cases.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Windfarmer

I believe the newest signed designation in Kentucky is KY 3552 in Georgetown, which was added in July of this year. I believe the newest bannered route is US 27 Bus., which was added in 2015 as a bypass was built around it.
This account has been mostly abandoned as of 11 January 2018.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on September 18, 2016, 01:55:26 AM
In Indiana, the newest signed state road was State Road 931, former U.S. 31, up in St. Joseph County, signed in 2014.

It's a weird route that starts at the Marshall-St. Joseph County line, and ends up in the South Bend city limits, intersecting State Road 4 along the way.

Another segment of IN 931 was signed in Kokomo when the new routing of US 31 opened there.  931 is still the newest, just not quite that new.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

myosh_tino

Odd question...  does any other country besides Japan use the term "prefecture"?
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

CNGL-Leudimin

China uses them as their second level division below provinces (although most of them are now Prefecture-level Cities). IIRC in France the Prefectures are the capitals of the departments.

As for newest designations in Aragon, my region, A-1208 and a few A-2xxx were first signed in fall 2014. Google Maps still doesn't show these changes.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: SSOWorld on October 01, 2016, 12:11:19 PM
I-41.  That is all.

If someone doesn't like that for the same reason they don't like I-840 as an answer for TN, then I think the next one up would be WI 312 from c. 2005.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

sparker

Reviving this thread, it's likely that the newest signed-in-the-field highway in CA is the new CA 11 segment eastward from CA 905 and CA 125 near the Otay Mesa border crossing.

DJDBVT

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

froggie

Quote from: DJDBVT on November 30, 2016, 08:53:20 PM
For Vermont, it would probably be VT 279.

For non-bannered routes, yes.  For bannered routes, it's be ALT TRUCK VT 100 on the Morrisville Bypass, designated a year ago and signed this year.

roadfro

For Nevada, it's SR 439 (which serves the Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center in Storey County) which was designated by 2015. The designation was a result of NDOT assuming control of USA Parkway, and fast-tracking its rehabilitation and design-build completion south to US 50 at Silver Springs–the overall arrangement was made as part of the incentive package that enticed Tesla to build their gigafactory out at TRIC.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

DJDBVT

Quote from: froggie on December 03, 2016, 04:00:08 PM
For non-bannered routes, yes.  For bannered routes, it's be ALT TRUCK VT 100 on the Morrisville Bypass, designated a year ago and signed this year.

Forgot about that one. Haven't been up Morrisville way in a while.

kkt

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

The High Plains Traveler

In Colorado, it's likely CO-21. This is Powers Blvd., an east-side bypass of downtown Colorado Springs, which is being upgraded to freeway. Its improvements have been partially state-funded for years, but about 2010 it received the official state designation when other short state routes in the area were relinquished to the city or county.

Currently, CO-21 has end-to-end termini with CO-83 on the north and CO-16 on the south. On the north, it will be extended to I-25 around the Air Force Academy exit. The south end is not determined. It could return to I-25 south of Fountain, or (I guess) if the area east of Fountain Creek between Fountain and Pueblo is developed over the next 20 years, it could go all the way to Pueblo. Its mileposts are reflective of I-25, probably running from the future north terminus.
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

ILRoad55

BrianP

Quote from: froggie on October 01, 2016, 10:17:37 AM
Better question for Maryland would be either A) which is the newest signed route, or B) which is the newest non-suffixed route.  I'd suspect it's MD 200 in both cases.
Nope.  MD 758 would be the newest signed route. It was added in 2012.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1799329,-76.6996991,3a,75y,138.28h,64.3t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sxvQHrnSTBwxS0BPr6WYxQA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

The newest unsigned and unsuffixed route would be MD 206 Konterra Drive in 2014.   

mgk920

Quote from: triplemultiplex on October 11, 2016, 11:04:12 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on October 01, 2016, 12:11:19 PM
I-41.  That is all.

If someone doesn't like that for the same reason they don't like I-840 as an answer for TN, then I think the next one up would be WI 312 from c. 2005.

When were WI 794, WI 241 and WI 341 first marked?

Also, when was WI 119 marked in the field?

Mike

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Eth

Quote from: Eth on September 16, 2016, 03:23:18 PM
As near as I can tell, Georgia's newest route is SR 385, designated in either 1992 or 1993 along a portion of former US 23/441/SR 15 near Clarkesville. That seems to be the end of the most recent wave of new numbers, with 383, 384, 387 (now part of SR 6), 388, 515, and 520 all also showing up in the late '80s and early '90s.

Update: this may now no longer be true. According to a post in the Southeast board, it seems that a portion of SR 540 may now be signed. I'll have to go check that out in a couple weeks.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.