News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-24 in TN

Started by CoolAngrybirdsrio4, January 16, 2022, 06:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghostbuster

Does anyone see toll roads being constructed in Tennessee anytime soon? I would be very surprised if they were, just like I'd be very surprised to see toll roads constructed in my state (Wisconsin).

codyg1985

Tennessee is exploring the idea of "choice lanes" in urban areas which are basically toll lanes. Not sure of the timeline though.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

The Ghostbuster

These "choice lanes" would most likely be constructed in Memphis and Nashville, if the idea is ultimately implemented. I'm not sure if any would be built in Chattanooga or Knoxville, due to insufficient traffic demand, and I certainly don't see them being built anywhere else withing the state of Tennessee.

sprjus4

^ From my understanding, they're only being considered where existing HOV lanes exist. The idea is to convert them into toll lanes by simply installing toll gantries and putting up those flex posts between the lanes.

ElishaGOtis

Quote from: sprjus4 on December 15, 2023, 11:51:43 AM
^ From my understanding, they're only being considered where existing HOV lanes exist. The idea is to convert them into toll lanes by simply installing toll gantries and putting up those flex posts between the lanes.

If that is done initially, either as an interim measure or proof-of-concept approach, I think it would be sensible. Once they get a handle on toll pricing, speed limits, vehicle eligibility, and effects on traffic, maybe it will be time to bump things up a notch. :spin:

Is it possible TDOT could join the E-ZPass IAG with these managed lane proposals?

I would be amused if they put the wording "CHOICE LANE ENTRANCE" on the signage :sombrero:
When there are Teslas, there are Toll Roads

triplemultiplex

I didn't know Tennessee was pro-choice... :awesomeface:  :awesomeface:
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

The Ghostbuster

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.