News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Reconstructed I-15/I-215 Devore interchange

Started by MarkF, August 27, 2016, 02:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadfro

The sign height restriction has been discussed previously. I believe it is a combination of no standard details drafted for taller signs, and no wind loading analysis done for existing structures.

FWIW, Nevada also specifies a maximum overhead sign height limit in their standard plans. As with California, it is 120" (such examples are the signs that are usually slightly taller than the box frame of the sign truss, which is usually maxed out at 110"). However, the separate exit tab detail is not included in the 120". (The only known exception to the 120" max is the APL signs on I-80 at US 395 in Reno. These signs don't use the NDOT standard sign truss, so the mounting method is different. Note that all other signs installed during this project don't use the standard truss but still adhere to the max sign height.)

However, there have been although this seems to be somewhat informal
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.