News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

The road to weight loss...

Started by MisterSG1, August 13, 2016, 05:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterSG1

Hello, I know I've been a bit antagonistic at times on this forum, but for those who know me, I am a big guy. So I figured as this is a roadgeek site, I will correspond my weight to an exit number on the 401. I will change the status weekly, but I know I can do this.

I figured I'd post this here if anyone cares.....being accountable to my weight loss from others in my opinion makes it more likely for it to work. I know this sounds silly but trust me it is important. As you can see, I've gotten out of control and like I said how I am this old and went back to school, I'm also going to lose all my weight....I know I can do it!

SignGeek101

Good luck. Losing weight isn't easy for most people, but you have an interesting connection to roads. I have to wish you good luck in your quest.

bandit957

I do something similar: Whenever more of my teeth go missing, I correspond the number of remaining teeth to a highway number. Currently, I'm at the U.S. highway number that runs through my home county. One of the advantages of having horrible teeth is that I get to do stuff like this.

As far as I can recall, the number of remaining teeth may have been equal to my age very briefly a long time ago, but I'm not quite sure.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hotdogPi

Quote from: bandit957 on August 13, 2016, 08:26:41 PM
As far as I can recall, the number of remaining teeth may have been equal to my age very briefly a long time ago, but I'm not quite sure.

If you're older than the number of teeth that you have, it definitely happened.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

bandit957

Quote from: 1 on August 13, 2016, 08:39:01 PM

It might not have. I think it was in 2004 that I went from 31 to 29, but I don't know if this was before or after I turned 31.

hotdogPi

Quote from: bandit957 on August 13, 2016, 08:51:56 PM
Quote from: 1 on August 13, 2016, 08:39:01 PM

It might not have. I think it was in 2004 that I went from 31 to 29, but I don't know if this was before or after I turned 31.

And you never had 30?
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

bandit957

Quote from: 1 on August 13, 2016, 08:53:16 PM
And you never had 30?

Maybe for about 5 minutes. There were 2 removed right at the same time.

7/8

First of all, I love the thread title and the concept of using road exit numbers. :) But I also have to say good job for even posting this! I know a lot of people would be too shy to make a post like this on the forum.

I also wish you good luck with this, and I look forward to you heading out west to Kitchener ;)

kphoger

Please keep up the challenge and the posts. I didn't check this thread at first, buy I'm going to check in from here on out to see if you've posted any updates.

Don't be afraid to post higher exit numbers if you backslide. It's all part of the process, and it can lead to good discussion.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MisterSG1

Quote from: 7/8 on August 14, 2016, 10:58:02 PM
First of all, I love the thread title and the concept of using road exit numbers. :) But I also have to say good job for even posting this! I know a lot of people would be too shy to make a post like this on the forum.

I also wish you good luck with this, and I look forward to you heading out west to Kitchener ;)

Thanks for the acknowledgment of support, I greatly appreciate it, and for sure, mark my words, I WILL MAKE IT PAST KITCHENER THIS TIME

Quote from: kphoger on August 14, 2016, 11:31:10 PM
Please keep up the challenge and the posts. I didn't check this thread at first, buy I'm going to check in from here on out to see if you've posted any updates.

Don't be afraid to post higher exit numbers if you backslide. It's all part of the process, and it can lead to good discussion.

My first update may not match exactly with Aug 20th, but once I have a weigh in day set, I will change my signature, and even make a post here to give an update. When I get west of the GTA, I'll think of some other way to keep the challenge going, as the exits get further apart, as we reach Exit 320, we don't get another exit until 312, and then 299.

Again, thanks for the support, I greatly appreciate it.

P.S. I'd like to give a shout out of thanks to SignGeek101 for making me this Salem Road sign, looks authentic for sure. I'm hoping my next actual weigh-in will use a blue exit sign....if you get what I mean.

CNGL-Leudimin

Good luck with that! The best way to lose weight (physically it's mass) is to eat as many homemade meals as possible, avoiding any manufactured food, and exercise regularly.

Also, don't mix units! Exit numbers on ON 401 are in km, while you are quoting your weight in lbs. Either use mi in place of km or kg in place of lbs for consistency (As a bonus fact, I currently weigh the same figure as you, but my figure is in lbs while your figure is in kg. I'm also headed to ON 4, but I'm far closer :sombrero:).

And finally: 'As of week ending Aug 20' That confuses me, because in my part of the world this week ends Aug 21.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

noelbotevera

I'm at Highway 400 Exit 37 aka RR 49. But I'm only 12 so that's gonna change.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

US 81

I love the concept and wish you all the best.

MisterSG1

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on August 15, 2016, 05:31:49 AM
Good luck with that! The best way to lose weight (physically it's mass) is to eat as many homemade meals as possible, avoiding any manufactured food, and exercise regularly.

Also, don't mix units! Exit numbers on ON 401 are in km, while you are quoting your weight in lbs. Either use mi in place of km or kg in place of lbs for consistency (As a bonus fact, I currently weigh the same figure as you, but my figure is in lbs while your figure is in kg. I'm also headed to ON 4, but I'm far closer :sombrero:).

And finally: 'As of week ending Aug 20' That confuses me, because in my part of the world this week ends Aug 21.

Although Canada is supposedly a metric country, I don't want to get this thread derailed discussing metric, in everyday life, weight (or mass if you will) is measured in pounds. Yes, the highway is measured in kilometers and may have a kilometers per hour speed limit, but that doesn't stop everyday people here from mentioning their height in feet/inches. The only time I see my height in cm is on my Driver's License.

Talking about my mass in kilograms is awkward, so I will stick with pounds. I'm sure the vast majority of posters here aren't confused at all by this.

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

MisterSG1

After my first week, I am down 5 pounds....as for the road, I am at Brock Road, the current eastern terminus of the express-collector system. I am well on my way.

7/8

Quote from: MisterSG1 on August 15, 2016, 11:00:35 AM
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on August 15, 2016, 05:31:49 AM

Although Canada is supposedly a metric country, I don't want to get this thread derailed discussing metric, in everyday life, weight (or mass if you will) is measured in pounds. Yes, the highway is measured in kilometers and may have a kilometers per hour speed limit, but that doesn't stop everyday people here from mentioning their height in feet/inches. The only time I see my height in cm is on my Driver's License.

Talking about my mass in kilograms is awkward, so I will stick with pounds. I'm sure the vast majority of posters here aren't confused at all by this.

Canada's weird that way. We're officially a metric country, but I would have to do the math in my head to figure out my height in cm! My only friends that I know use metric for height and weight were born and raised in Europe.

Quote from: MisterSG1 on August 20, 2016, 11:47:09 PM
After my first week, I am down 5 pounds....as for the road, I am at Brock Road, the current eastern terminus of the express-collector system. I am well on my way.

Good job reaching Pickering! :)

SignGeek101

Quote from: MisterSG1 on August 20, 2016, 11:47:09 PM

Keep up the great work. You'll be on the west side soon enough.

Quote from: noelbotevera on August 15, 2016, 09:17:01 AM
I'm at Highway 400 Exit 37 aka RR 49. But I'm only 12 so that's gonna change.

Yes, it will. I'm borderline underweight myself for my height (below), but I will increase because of genetics of my family. After that settles down (in my mid-late twenties), I will need to watch my weight, what I eat, and how much exercise I do.

https://goo.gl/maps/USJNM1rG5gJ2

https://goo.gl/maps/aQyQiJZvT712

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.