News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

TCH construction NE of Thunder Bay ON

Started by oscar, September 05, 2013, 01:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscar

I drove through Thunder Bay the week before Labour Day, on my way back home from northern Manitoba (more on that later, once I've munched through my photos).  A project to realign several km of the Trans-Canada Highway (ON 11/17) northeast of Thunder Bay, mentioned elsewhere on this forum, has been completed.  The new segment starts just east of SH 527, and ends about nine km to the east, just east of the relocated intersection with Lakeshore Dr.  The new segment is four lane divided, and veers up to about 0.3 km north of the old two-lane alignment. 

Work is still underway to finish twinning the highway west of SH 527.  That work is being done parallel and close to the existing roadway, no significant realignment unlike the just-opened segment east of SH 527.

No photos, alas -- too much fog that morning, plus the new segment isn't that visually interesting.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

AsphaltPlanet

Any noteworthy work at the Nipigon River Bridge?  I wouldn't think so, given the contract was only called this year.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.